ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Election Material.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
BingBong
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 755
Joined: 12 May 2011, 12:36
Gender: Female
Location: the north

Election Material.

Post by BingBong »

Just a quick question and I'm sure its been asked before for which I apologise. Can we refuse to deliver election material?
Toon Army!
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Election Material.

Post by arnold cheshire »

BingBong wrote:Just a quick question and I'm sure its been asked before for which I apologise. Can we refuse to deliver election material?
on the 2nd may you ask this question ?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Election Material.

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

BingBong wrote:Just a quick question and I'm sure its been asked before for which I apologise. Can we refuse to deliver election material?

Not completely no. But you can refuse to deliver any parties material if you belive delivering them will put you at risk, or you have a moral objection to delivering them. There is a link on every page at the moment that contains all the information - its in the pink bar at the top.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
motherhubbard
Posts: 1001
Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 17:13
Gender: Female
Location: in the cupboard

Re: Election Material.

Post by motherhubbard »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
BingBong wrote:Just a quick question and I'm sure its been asked before for which I apologise. Can we refuse to deliver election material?
Not completely no.
Yes you can. It is entirely optional.
There may be consequences (like being moved off your delivery) but if you don't want the extra work and extra payment you just have to make it clear right at the start.
Never let the hand you hold, hold you down.
buntin
Posts: 100
Joined: 27 Jul 2011, 13:55
Gender: Male

Re: Election Material.

Post by buntin »

No you cant refuse.
5plusbonusball
Posts: 1136
Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
Gender: Male
Location: up north of watford

Re: Election Material.

Post by 5plusbonusball »

Why would you refuse extra work? Last week I earned £29 for an extra 1 hour of effort. Then again I disagree taking them on lapsed duties when someone else claims for them all.
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
Newbie001
Posts: 474
Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
Gender: Male

Re: Election Material.

Post by Newbie001 »

Some part-time reserves have to claim overtime just to finish a duty. In most offices there is an o-time ban because of election material. So unless it's really worth it IE 2/3 leaflets and lots of drop points, then I can completely understand why some people may refuse. Part-time reserves(less than 27.5hrs) are effectively being paid less than every one else as it is, never mind going way over your time as well.
pod25
Posts: 240
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 21:13
Gender: Male

Re: Election Material.

Post by pod25 »

buntin wrote:No you cant refuse.
Wrong !! Yes you can, as has already been said above.
doorstepped
Posts: 1063
Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
Gender: Male
Location: Somewhere west of London

Re: Election Material.

Post by doorstepped »

you can refuse to deliver them, However it will only be BNP, EDL etc that you can refuse as they are racist organizations in many peoples eyes.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Election Material.

Post by arnold cheshire »

doorstepped wrote:you can refuse to deliver them, However it will only be BNP, EDL etc that you can refuse as they are racist organizations in many peoples eyes.
EDL they were not a political party
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Election Material.

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

arnold cheshire wrote:
doorstepped wrote:you can refuse to deliver them, However it will only be BNP, EDL etc that you can refuse as they are racist organizations in many peoples eyes.
EDL they were not a political party

No but they were aligned with the short lived British Freedom Party, and did plan to put EDL members up as BFP candidates.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.