ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
VR
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: VR
mailsortdreams wrote:Is it worked out on an office by office basis or over a wider area?
It can be both.
Closing Mail Centres did EVR and relocation, which impacted on other offices EVR/VR. But delivery offices are normally within house as they'll usually get enough volunteers.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
scrapsaturdays
- Posts: 41
- Joined: 10 Mar 2010, 09:16
- Gender: Male
Re: VR
Our delivery office let 4 staff leave with VR. Already under staffed and now struggling to cover walks. Sick is a massive problem. Managers often ask people to work rest days.Some do, some don't. Probably need to recruit 10 staff but that's unlikely.
-
capricorn1959
- Posts: 15
- Joined: 19 Jun 2014, 22:27
- Gender: Female
Re: VR
My office let 2 staff go. One already left, and my finishing date next week.
There were about 10 interested parties in the offer from a staff of 50.
We are understaffed as it is, and today because the auditors 'might' be calling in,
we had to take everything out and if past our time bring the rest back,
in the hope that they had been and gone,
and we didn't fail their inspection.
Gaffer had then asked some posties to mop up,
and if my returns are still there in the morning,
I swear I am going to raise holy hell,
heck what can they do to me, only a week to go
To be honest I am so glad that my departure isn't too far away.
Everything is ridiculous now.
The time really has come for me to head out of the door.
There were about 10 interested parties in the offer from a staff of 50.
We are understaffed as it is, and today because the auditors 'might' be calling in,
we had to take everything out and if past our time bring the rest back,
in the hope that they had been and gone,
and we didn't fail their inspection.
Gaffer had then asked some posties to mop up,
and if my returns are still there in the morning,
I swear I am going to raise holy hell,
heck what can they do to me, only a week to go
To be honest I am so glad that my departure isn't too far away.
Everything is ridiculous now.
The time really has come for me to head out of the door.
-
bogstandard
- Posts: 1074
- Joined: 08 Nov 2007, 06:16
Re: VR
why not ask Moya about this, see what her thoughts are?capricorn1959 wrote:My office let 2 staff go. One already left, and my finishing date next week.
There were about 10 interested parties in the offer from a staff of 50.
We are understaffed as it is, and today because the auditors 'might' be calling in,
we had to take everything out and if past our time bring the rest back,
in the hope that they had been and gone,
and we didn't fail their inspection.
Gaffer had then asked some posties to mop up,
and if my returns are still there in the morning,
I swear I am going to raise holy hell,
heck what can they do to me, only a week to go![]()
To be honest I am so glad that my departure isn't too far away.
Everything is ridiculous now.
The time really has come for me to head out of the door.
Confused... You won't be, after the next episode of. SOAP