ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Lapsing-will I get a bo###cking!!!!!
-
debs6363
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 03 Feb 2013, 23:10
- Gender: Female
Lapsing-will I get a bo###cking!!!!!
I do a town delivery with an HCT, my lapsing is the large parcels for my duty that won't fit in my HCT. In other words, when I get back to the office after I've walked my round with my trolley, I get a van, pick up the parcels and go out again. Anyway, this morning was a busy day, as per ( I didn't leave the office until 9 ) no DOM about, so I told the cage bod that if I was back in time to lapse I would, but it was looking unlikely. He said he would tell DOM. I got back to the office at 14.40 having had no break, only to see my parcels still sitting there. I considered taking them out and booking o/t for it, but there was no-one around so I couldn't even get a van key and I wasn't about to take them out in my own car. So I just wrote a note explaining it all and put it on DOMs desk. I wouldn't normally worry too much but there were a couple of tracked parcels there. Now I'm worrying what I'll walk into tomorrow. Did I do the right thing?
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Lapsing-will I get a bo###cking!!!!!
No 'justifiable' bollocking anyway unless the DOM uses the 'why didn't you ring me?' line.debs6363 wrote:I do a town delivery with an HCT, my lapsing is the large parcels for my duty that won't fit in my HCT. In other words, when I get back to the office after I've walked my round with my trolley, I get a van, pick up the parcels and go out again. Anyway, this morning was a busy day, as per ( I didn't leave the office until 9 ) no DOM about, so I told the cage bod that if I was back in time to lapse I would, but it was looking unlikely. He said he would tell DOM. I got back to the office at 14.40 having had no break, only to see my parcels still sitting there. I considered taking them out and booking o/t for it, but there was no-one around so I couldn't even get a van key and I wasn't about to take them out in my own car. So I just wrote a note explaining it all and put it on DOMs desk. I wouldn't normally worry too much but there were a couple of tracked parcels there. Now I'm worrying what I'll walk into tomorrow. Did I do the right thing?
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Lapsing-will I get a bo###cking!!!!!
What you should have done is inform your dom not the bod in the office(if not about get his company mobile number and phone him from the office) also you shouldn't have said I might not have time you should have said when it became apparent you wouldn't complete that you don't have time then give the dom the decision on what he wants done
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Lapsing-will I get a bo###cking!!!!!
We're not talking about his duty though, we're talking about extra work.zx135 wrote: you shouldn't have said I might not have time you should have said when it became apparent you wouldn't complete that you don't have time then give the dom the decision on what he wants done
When did it become our responsibility to manage the office?
If managers are stupid enough to leave lapsing lying about on the off chance that someone will have the opportunity to do it that's their failure, where are the reps in these offices? where had the manager f****d off to leaving mail lying about without guaranteed resource to cover it?
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
debs6363
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 03 Feb 2013, 23:10
- Gender: Female
Re: Lapsing-will I get a bo###cking!!!!!
Most Wednesdays and Thursdays I go over my time and don't have time to do lapsing. I tell the DOM before I leave the office if he's about, if not, I tell the cage bod. It's not been an issue before as DOM gets it covered and it's gone by the time I get back to the office. That's why I'm a bit worried today as it was still there with tracked parcels
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Lapsing-will I get a bo###cking!!!!!
You will probably be talked to, but ask for a rep to attend (they don't have to accede to your request) but remember this line "Custom and Practice". Its the usual way of doing it in your office and the DOM will know as thats how you dealt with it in the past. You may get flack but you are not in trouble.debs6363 wrote:Most Wednesdays and Thursdays I go over my time and don't have time to do lapsing. I tell the DOM before I leave the office if he's about, if not, I tell the cage bod. It's not been an issue before as DOM gets it covered and it's gone by the time I get back to the office. That's why I'm a bit worried today as it was still there with tracked parcels
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
debs6363
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 03 Feb 2013, 23:10
- Gender: Female
Re: Lapsing-will I get a bo###cking!!!!!
Thanks guys, hopefully I'm worrying over nothing
-
enskied
- Posts: 1877
- Joined: 16 Aug 2013, 17:14
- Gender: Male
Re: Lapsing-will I get a bo###cking!!!!!
"(if not about get his company mobile number and phone him from the office) " Except Zx135 your dom does not answer the phone after 12:30 because he is on his way home.
-
obscurityknocks
- Posts: 195
- Joined: 01 Jan 2012, 12:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Lapsing-will I get a bo###cking!!!!!
Not your fault the Dom have gone before you returned and as the Dom wasnt about when you left again not your fault. Can't believe some are saying you'll get a talking to in the morning. Not up to you to contact office unless you are going to struggle to finish your own round and this was agreed before you left office and that's all. Personally I'd refuse to attend any meeting with Dom on principal.
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4194
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Lapsing-will I get a bo###cking!!!!!
Hmmm so DOM realised that it was a busy day and cleared off
They will probably say that they were in a meeting elsewhere or something and then blame it on you for not informing them that you was going to struggle to cover the lapsed BEFORE you left the office. However, even when line managers are out on delivery, the DOM or the guy in charge should ALWAYS be present in the office. So if no manager was available to talk to in the office before you left, I think you might have some leeway.
So you said that you informed the cage bod, but what happens if they were that busy that they didn't inform your DOM?? If its current practice in your place to inform the cage bod, and you haven't had any issues with not taking the bit extra this way before, you really should have nothing to worry about.
They will probably say that they were in a meeting elsewhere or something and then blame it on you for not informing them that you was going to struggle to cover the lapsed BEFORE you left the office. However, even when line managers are out on delivery, the DOM or the guy in charge should ALWAYS be present in the office. So if no manager was available to talk to in the office before you left, I think you might have some leeway.
So you said that you informed the cage bod, but what happens if they were that busy that they didn't inform your DOM?? If its current practice in your place to inform the cage bod, and you haven't had any issues with not taking the bit extra this way before, you really should have nothing to worry about.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
demon
- Posts: 732
- Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 14:19
- Gender: Female
Re: Lapsing-will I get a bo###cking!!!!!
you could as you had 20 mins left at the end of your duty as you should have taken 20 mins meal in office but thats your fault
-
BingBong
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 755
- Joined: 12 May 2011, 12:36
- Gender: Female
- Location: the north
Re: Lapsing-will I get a bo###cking!!!!!
why no break?debs6363 wrote:I do a town delivery with an HCT, my lapsing is the large parcels for my duty that won't fit in my HCT. In other words, when I get back to the office after I've walked my round with my trolley, I get a van, pick up the parcels and go out again. Anyway, this morning was a busy day, as per ( I didn't leave the office until 9 ) no DOM about, so I told the cage bod that if I was back in time to lapse I would, but it was looking unlikely. He said he would tell DOM. I got back to the office at 14.40 having had no break, only to see my parcels still sitting there. I considered taking them out and booking o/t for it, but there was no-one around so I couldn't even get a van key and I wasn't about to take them out in my own car. So I just wrote a note explaining it all and put it on DOMs desk. I wouldn't normally worry too much but there were a couple of tracked parcels there. Now I'm worrying what I'll walk into tomorrow. Did I do the right thing?
Toon Army!
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Lapsing-will I get a bo###cking!!!!!
demon wrote:you could as you had 20 mins left at the end of your duty as you should have taken 20 mins meal in office but thats your fault
Umm no - she had no access to a vehcile
So yes your right she should have had a break and thats her fault, but nothing beyond that,I considered taking them out and booking o/t for it, but there was no-one around so I couldn't even get a van key and I wasn't about to take them out in my own car.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Holeinone
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 06 Mar 2014, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Lapsing-will I get a bo###cking!!!!!
6hr 45 HCT Delivery?!?!?!
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Lapsing-will I get a bo###cking!!!!!
9 to 14:40 is 5hr40 deliveryHoleinone wrote:6hr 45 HCT Delivery?!?!?!