ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
20 years service reward
-
postiewafu
- Posts: 18
- Joined: 25 Oct 2007, 19:25
20 years service reward
Hi, can anyone tell me when to expect my vouchers to arrive for my 20 years service. I already have the presentation plaque and pin, cheers
-
comeracing
- Posts: 806
- Joined: 28 Nov 2010, 20:58
- Gender: Male
Re: 20 years service reward
im coming up to my 20 years what exactly do you get .postiewafu wrote:Hi, can anyone tell me when to expect my vouchers to arrive for my 20 years service. I already have the presentation plaque and pin, cheers
-
glenfiddich
- Posts: 1012
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15
Re: 20 years service reward
comeracing wrote:im coming up to my 20 years what exactly do you get .postiewafu wrote:Hi, can anyone tell me when to expect my vouchers to arrive for my 20 years service. I already have the presentation plaque and pin, cheers
More lapsing
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
Re: 20 years service reward
A lapel pin, a lump of plastic, and a catalogue to chose a gift or vouchers.comeracing wrote:im coming up to my 20 years what exactly do you get .postiewafu wrote:Hi, can anyone tell me when to expect my vouchers to arrive for my 20 years service. I already have the presentation plaque and pin, cheers
I got mine 9 months later, but that was 14 years ago so it might be quicker now
The best thing you get is 6 weeks Annual Leave.
Last edited by baldrick on 30 Apr 2015, 08:25, edited 1 time in total.
-
Surreypostie
- Posts: 999
- Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 21:05
- Gender: Male
Re: 20 years service reward
Mine took less than a week, that was a few years ago.
-
NWpostie
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9
Re: 20 years service reward
You can buy one of these
http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/royal-mail-badge" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
There's even a Consignia badge for sale
http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/royal-mail-badge" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
There's even a Consignia badge for sale
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
-
deristrong
- Posts: 195
- Joined: 15 Nov 2013, 09:28
- Gender: Male
Re: 20 years service reward
I did 18 years, left in 1999 to do other things, and have now been back for 2 years. Will I get anything?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: 20 years service reward
deristrong wrote:I did 18 years, left in 1999 to do other things, and have now been back for 2 years. Will I get anything?
Probably not, apparently HR records pre 2000 are considered rare, I don't think they were even computerised. Also I don't think broken service will count.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
comeracing
- Posts: 806
- Joined: 28 Nov 2010, 20:58
- Gender: Male
Re: 20 years service reward
I buy a week and a halfs leave at the moment to take me up to 6 weeks,when I go up to 20 years service will I get the week and a half back so will I be a fiver or so better off a week.baldrick wrote:A lapel pin, a lump of plastic, and a catalogue to chose a gift or vouchers (for £150 iirc).comeracing wrote:im coming up to my 20 years what exactly do you get .postiewafu wrote:Hi, can anyone tell me when to expect my vouchers to arrive for my 20 years service. I already have the presentation plaque and pin, cheers
I got mine 9 months later, but that was 14 years ago so it might be quicker now
The best thing you get is 6 weeks Annual Leave.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: 20 years service reward
yes
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
plaguelift
- Posts: 133
- Joined: 19 Apr 2011, 06:16
- Gender: Male
Re: 20 years service reward
Along with your lump of plastic (sorry, "presentation plaque) and pin you should have also received a letter with a password on it for a website RMGbravo.co.uk. You go onto the website, enter your payroll ID number and the password, and you will have £80 (for 20 years) credit to spend. I think you can even top it up if you want. Theres no time limit to spend it, and theres loads of good (and crap) stuff on it. Everything from store cards (e.g ASDA) to the usual bbq. I suppose it's better than a kick in the arse for 20 years service, what other company would give you £80 (plus a load of free shares)?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: 20 years service reward
To be pedantic the firm had no choice over the free shares, it was part of the act that privatised us.plaguelift wrote:Along with your lump of plastic (sorry, "presentation plaque) and pin you should have also received a letter with a password on it for a website RMGbravo.co.uk. You go onto the website, enter your payroll ID number and the password, and you will have £80 (for 20 years) credit to spend. I think you can even top it up if you want. Theres no time limit to spend it, and theres loads of good (and crap) stuff on it. Everything from store cards (e.g ASDA) to the usual bbq. I suppose it's better than a kick in the arse for 20 years service, what other company would give you £80 (plus a load of free shares)?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
Re: 20 years service reward
You get more free shares after 20 years?plaguelift wrote: I suppose it's better than a kick in the arse for 20 years service, what other company would give you £80 (plus a load of free shares)?
Other companies do give recognition for long service. I did a Xmas temp job with John Lewis last year. Their staff get a sabbatical of 6 months paid leave after 20 years. They get 6 weeks Annual Leave after 5 years.
-
Surreypostie
- Posts: 999
- Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 21:05
- Gender: Male
Re: 20 years service reward
John Lewis though are rare, they know that without having their staff onboard they are nobody.
-
plaguelift
- Posts: 133
- Joined: 19 Apr 2011, 06:16
- Gender: Male
Re: 20 years service reward
Sorry, I didn't mean more free shares after 20 years service. I just meant that we are lucky that the company we work for has given out free shares for their workforce.