ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Meal Break [Part Timers]
-
deristrong
- Posts: 195
- Joined: 15 Nov 2013, 09:28
- Gender: Male
Meal Break [Part Timers]
I'm a P/Timer [about 6 hrs per day]. I tag on 20 mins MR to the end of my day but thought I saw somewhere that over 5 hrs work meant a 30 min break. Can anyone confirm as I already start earlier than I should and don't want to give more away.
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Meal Break [Part Timers]
Your meal break entitlement depends on the hours you work. Once you exceed 5 hours at work, you are entitled to 30mins PAID break, if you exceed 7/9 hours you get another 10/20mins respectively.
-
deristrong
- Posts: 195
- Joined: 15 Nov 2013, 09:28
- Gender: Male
Re: Meal Break [Part Timers]
Thanks. I exceed 5 hours everyday so should I then be adding 30 mins at the end instead of 20 mins. [It's quite a difference over a week/month/2 years I've been here]
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Meal Break [Part Timers]
The national agreement does not allow you to take more than your outdoor 20mins meal relief off your contract finish time, as far as I'm aware. Use at least 10mins during your working day, perhaps just before leaving the depot to start delivery.
-
deristrong
- Posts: 195
- Joined: 15 Nov 2013, 09:28
- Gender: Male
Re: Meal Break [Part Timers]
Ok thanks again. Though I go in early now to try and get out at a reasonable time so having a 10 min break would really piss off my P&L partner.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: Meal Break [Part Timers]
Yes, and the person who told you you only get 20 mins should be shot.deristrong wrote:Thanks. I exceed 5 hours everyday so should I then be adding 30 mins at the end instead of 20 mins. [It's quite a difference over a week/month/2 years I've been here]
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Meal Break [Part Timers]
deristrong wrote:Ok thanks again. Though I go in early now to try and get out at a reasonable time so having a 10 min break would really piss off my P&L partner.
I would be really pissed off if I didn't get a break. I am a strange one, I take my break around midday (all 40 minutes) or about 2 hrs into the delivery. Before I used to take it before I went out, now I find I am generally fresher after the break and find its not such a drag to get done.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
deristrong
- Posts: 195
- Joined: 15 Nov 2013, 09:28
- Gender: Male
Re: Meal Break [Part Timers]
If I didn't have a partner waiting for me at the end I would have a 10 minute breather in the middle somewhere.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:deristrong wrote:Ok thanks again. Though I go in early now to try and get out at a reasonable time so having a 10 min break would really piss off my P&L partner.
I would be really pissed off if I didn't get a break. I am a strange one, I take my break around midday (all 40 minutes) or about 2 hrs into the delivery. Before I used to take it before I went out, now I find I am generally fresher after the break and find its not such a drag to get done.
-
enskied
- Posts: 1877
- Joined: 16 Aug 2013, 17:14
- Gender: Male
Re: Meal Break [Part Timers]
But you are not getting ahead or getting the benefit of your break by coming in early...... You are just working for free. Piss your partner off it will do them no harm.deristrong wrote:Ok thanks again. Though I go in early now to try and get out at a reasonable time so having a 10 min break would really piss off my P&L partner.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Meal Break [Part Timers]
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
GT85
- Posts: 365
- Joined: 26 Nov 2013, 20:02
- Gender: Male
- Location: ASDO
Re: Meal Break [Part Timers]
I can't take my break whilst I'm out on delivery as if I stopped for 20 mins I would never get going again.
We're all here because we're not all there
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32794
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Meal Break [Part Timers]
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
Pinky 1
- Posts: 1510
- Joined: 01 Mar 2009, 11:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Wales
Re: Meal Break [Part Timers]
It's an age thingGT85 wrote:I can't take my break whilst I'm out on delivery as if I stopped for 20 mins I would never get going again.
"Cara yn bod 'n briod , dydy 'n fawr at ca a hun 'n anad berson a 'ch angen at blina achos 'r bwyso chan 'ch buchedd "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
-
hampshireman
- Posts: 792
- Joined: 18 Dec 2009, 15:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Meal Break [Part Timers]
You are certainly not a strange one.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:deristrong wrote:Ok thanks again. Though I go in early now to try and get out at a reasonable time so having a 10 min break would really piss off my P&L partner.
I would be really pissed off if I didn't get a break. I am a strange one, I take my break around midday (all 40 minutes) or about 2 hrs into the delivery. Before I used to take it before I went out, now I find I am generally fresher after the break and find its not such a drag to get done.
My P&L partner works through his break (whilst I am sitting in my car reading the paper) loading the effing van.
You could not make it up.
And he does not claim for it
Happy days
-
BingBong
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 755
- Joined: 12 May 2011, 12:36
- Gender: Female
- Location: the north
Re: Meal Break [Part Timers]
one thing that does my head in is people not taking their breaks or thinking they dont have one!
Toon Army!