ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Courier picks : Safeplaces
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32794
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Courier picks : Safeplaces
Courier Apr 2015
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
Surreypostie
- Posts: 999
- Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 21:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Courier picks : Safeplaces
So... no straight answer then, always down to us. From now on as far as I am concerned there is no safeplace anywhere. If I can leave it there, someone else can come along and pick it up.
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Courier picks : Safeplaces
So,if it "is down to my discretion" ,as the non answer to the question ,puts it, why do we have a target for first time delivery?
What if, I bring back all Tracked items I have taken out , because , I could not deliver them ,as my "discretion" deemed that the security of the item would be compromised, is my manager going to be having a word with me? It has happened in the past,when I have brought tracked items back. I have had a lecture ,telling me not to do so,when I give the "my discretion" defence, it is dismissed as not applicable and I must leave it with a neighbour ,or hiding in plain sight,or wherever. In my opinion ,if it's good enough for Tracked,then it is good enough for everything else, which I will not do. Discretion ,it appears is a one way street, and I am going the wrong way up said street.
What if, I bring back all Tracked items I have taken out , because , I could not deliver them ,as my "discretion" deemed that the security of the item would be compromised, is my manager going to be having a word with me? It has happened in the past,when I have brought tracked items back. I have had a lecture ,telling me not to do so,when I give the "my discretion" defence, it is dismissed as not applicable and I must leave it with a neighbour ,or hiding in plain sight,or wherever. In my opinion ,if it's good enough for Tracked,then it is good enough for everything else, which I will not do. Discretion ,it appears is a one way street, and I am going the wrong way up said street.
Last edited by rubberbond on 28 Apr 2015, 20:51, edited 2 times in total.
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4194
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Courier picks : Safeplaces
I second that...
Its down to our discretion...so if a manager queries why I didn't leave the tracked packet in the porch/round the back/in the shed or even with a neighbour 3 doors down
I just say, I slipped it because it was the safest thing to do!!!
Its down to our discretion...so if a manager queries why I didn't leave the tracked packet in the porch/round the back/in the shed or even with a neighbour 3 doors down
I just say, I slipped it because it was the safest thing to do!!!
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4194
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Courier picks : Safeplaces
Im thinking of putting this article on the "wonder-wall" noticeboard at work
At the entrance where the managers stand lie-ing in wait for your tracked items..........
At the entrance where the managers stand lie-ing in wait for your tracked items..........
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.