ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

New system for cage

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
fasrfreddy
Posts: 26
Joined: 07 Jun 2014, 16:46
Gender: Male

New system for cage

Post by fasrfreddy »

Has anyone had the new systems where you book packets in on the computer and they get a no instead of names on shelf yet and if so how's it goin?? :cuppa
Shaders
Posts: 218
Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 07:47
Gender: Male
Location: Oop North

Re: New system for cage

Post by Shaders »

Slow, but is the way foward :left:
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: New system for cage

Post by datasaint »

I don't write a little description on the 739s anymore because it's all numbered up back at the callers so there's that.
col456xyz
Posts: 85
Joined: 28 Jun 2007, 17:24

Re: New system for cage

Post by col456xyz »

Once bedded in
much better system for callers staff
weakerthan
Posts: 44
Joined: 07 Mar 2011, 14:31
Gender: Female

Re: New system for cage

Post by weakerthan »

We have had this system for a week now. I have to admit, I'm not overly keen so far! I am the computer monkey sat typing all the parcels in and am also doing stints at the counter.
I don't fully understand why so much money has been invested in a system which relies on SO many more man hours to function?

I also find it far more stressful when a parcel goes missing; if it ain't in the right spot then you're screwed! Searching aimlessly through hundreds of parcels is more time consuming than using logic to determine where the missing parcel might be (wrong postcode/flat name rather than road name etc etc).

:thumbdown
motherhubbard
Posts: 1001
Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 17:13
Gender: Female
Location: in the cupboard

Re: New system for cage

Post by motherhubbard »

It is much easier to find a parcel if the customer has lost the 739 or if the postman hasn't filled it in properly.
I presume that the bigger/busier the callers office, the better this system is.
Never let the hand you hold, hold you down.
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Re: New system for cage

Post by greengiant »

norm wrote:I don't write a little description on the 739s anymore because it's all numbered up back at the callers so there's that.
I still right a little description, not sure if I'm wasting my time doing so though as it should all be numbered at the callers office