ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
New system for cage
-
fasrfreddy
- Posts: 26
- Joined: 07 Jun 2014, 16:46
- Gender: Male
New system for cage
Has anyone had the new systems where you book packets in on the computer and they get a no instead of names on shelf yet and if so how's it goin?? 
-
Shaders
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 07:47
- Gender: Male
- Location: Oop North
Re: New system for cage
Slow, but is the way foward 
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: New system for cage
I don't write a little description on the 739s anymore because it's all numbered up back at the callers so there's that.
-
col456xyz
- Posts: 85
- Joined: 28 Jun 2007, 17:24
Re: New system for cage
Once bedded in
much better system for callers staff
much better system for callers staff
-
weakerthan
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 07 Mar 2011, 14:31
- Gender: Female
Re: New system for cage
We have had this system for a week now. I have to admit, I'm not overly keen so far! I am the computer monkey sat typing all the parcels in and am also doing stints at the counter.
I don't fully understand why so much money has been invested in a system which relies on SO many more man hours to function?
I also find it far more stressful when a parcel goes missing; if it ain't in the right spot then you're screwed! Searching aimlessly through hundreds of parcels is more time consuming than using logic to determine where the missing parcel might be (wrong postcode/flat name rather than road name etc etc).

I don't fully understand why so much money has been invested in a system which relies on SO many more man hours to function?
I also find it far more stressful when a parcel goes missing; if it ain't in the right spot then you're screwed! Searching aimlessly through hundreds of parcels is more time consuming than using logic to determine where the missing parcel might be (wrong postcode/flat name rather than road name etc etc).
-
motherhubbard
- Posts: 1001
- Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 17:13
- Gender: Female
- Location: in the cupboard
Re: New system for cage
It is much easier to find a parcel if the customer has lost the 739 or if the postman hasn't filled it in properly.
I presume that the bigger/busier the callers office, the better this system is.
I presume that the bigger/busier the callers office, the better this system is.
Never let the hand you hold, hold you down.
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Re: New system for cage
I still right a little description, not sure if I'm wasting my time doing so though as it should all be numbered at the callers officenorm wrote:I don't write a little description on the 739s anymore because it's all numbered up back at the callers so there's that.