ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Courier picks : Safeplaces

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32794
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Courier picks : Safeplaces

Post by POSTMAN »

Courier Apr 2015
safeplace.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Surreypostie
Posts: 999
Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 21:05
Gender: Male

Re: Courier picks : Safeplaces

Post by Surreypostie »

So... no straight answer then, always down to us. From now on as far as I am concerned there is no safeplace anywhere. If I can leave it there, someone else can come along and pick it up.
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

Re: Courier picks : Safeplaces

Post by rubberbond »

So,if it "is down to my discretion" ,as the non answer to the question ,puts it, why do we have a target for first time delivery?
What if, I bring back all Tracked items I have taken out , because , I could not deliver them ,as my "discretion" deemed that the security of the item would be compromised, is my manager going to be having a word with me? It has happened in the past,when I have brought tracked items back. I have had a lecture ,telling me not to do so,when I give the "my discretion" defence, it is dismissed as not applicable and I must leave it with a neighbour ,or hiding in plain sight,or wherever. In my opinion ,if it's good enough for Tracked,then it is good enough for everything else, which I will not do. Discretion ,it appears is a one way street, and I am going the wrong way up said street.
Last edited by rubberbond on 28 Apr 2015, 20:51, edited 2 times in total.
postslippete
Posts: 4194
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

Re: Courier picks : Safeplaces

Post by postslippete »

I second that...


Its down to our discretion...so if a manager queries why I didn't leave the tracked packet in the porch/round the back/in the shed or even with a neighbour 3 doors down


I just say, I slipped it because it was the safest thing to do!!!
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
postslippete
Posts: 4194
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

Re: Courier picks : Safeplaces

Post by postslippete »

Im thinking of putting this article on the "wonder-wall" noticeboard at work


At the entrance where the managers stand lie-ing in wait for your tracked items.......... :silenced
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.