Aren't you entitled to a grace relief of ten minutes? Would he rather you all disappeared off to the canteen instead? Ours says that we have to use a travel mug but it would still spill if knocked over so what's the difference?
The DOM can stop drinking at frames if he or she wants to. And given that coffee & tea stained mail is a fairly regular occurrence you can see why. I usually have a brew on the go while sorting but it still surprises me that it's allowed to continue - plenty of other workplaces don't tolerate drinking or eating on the shop floor.
The DOM can't stop people drinking tea during their scheduled meal relief - It's amazing how many people decide they don't fancy a brew during that time though.
Glenno wrote:
Take it to the Canteen/Rest area, take the full 40 mins and watch his/her reaction it's called a meal relief for a reason
Unless it was your scheduled meal relief he would probably just tell you to get back to work.
Unless I have misunderstood the original post and he is complaining about not being allowed to have cup of tea as they work through their break?
In which case - who cares?
Its common sense though, I drink whilst prepping even on IPS, but I store the drink away from the mail and step away from the frame when I take a sip. If you store it on the frame and use letters as a mat then I think you are asking for trouble.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.