I have been refered to Atos regarding my knee/foot conditions. I gather they get Atos to phone you. Do you give them all the information that your Doctor told you. Does Atos contact your Doctor to check the details. Currently I am doing my delivery as it was set out under the revision. Usually completing but also in pain particulary as the delivery drags on. But because a younger guy apparently completed it quicker than me when I was on leave- want to add a further 50 calls. That is in addition to the 30 extra calls when you lapse. There is a veiled threat that if Atos say you are not fit to work I will be moved off deliveries to who knows what! But if Atso reckon my condition is treatable than these 50 extra calls will be added. So you are screwed either way! On a typical day I get back with about 5 to 10 minutes to spare. So adding these extra calls will add at least 25/30 mins to delivery so will need OT or other parts of the delivery taken off! Obviously what they want is for me to get it all done and not book! That won't be happening though!
How much influence does Atso have on RM decisions?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Refered to Atos
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Refered to Atos
I believe you have to agree to ATOS referral, your lino/DOM cannot simply refer you without your consent.
-
fly-catchers
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 573
- Joined: 05 Oct 2008, 16:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Refered to Atos
I have agreed as that seemed to be the only route to go down regarding my knee issue and changes to my round.IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:I believe you have to agree to ATOS referral, your lino/DOM cannot simply refer you without your consent.
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Refered to Atos
I wouldn't worry about the extra, just wok to your time.
If you are given extra calls don't speed up to get finished . just go your normal speed and cut off
If you are given extra calls don't speed up to get finished . just go your normal speed and cut off
-
motherhubbard
- Posts: 1001
- Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 17:13
- Gender: Female
- Location: in the cupboard
Re: Refered to Atos
Does he deliver to a Chinese take away?eastie wrote: just wok to your time.
Never let the hand you hold, hold you down.
-
Glenno
- Posts: 1491
- Joined: 05 Jun 2007, 13:12
Re: Refered to Atos
No heis a gigolo, replace the W with an Fmotherhubbard wrote:Does he deliver to a Chinese take away?eastie wrote: just wok to your time.
-
hank60
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 05 Apr 2011, 08:39
- Gender: Male
Re: Refered to Atos
I had knee problems and my right leg was swelling up,below the knee. By the end of my run,I was limping badly. I tried to get a transfer, to an inside job, but was told that I was employed as a delivery postman and that was the only job available. Their advice,go on sick leave.Phone call with ATOS. They told RM to send me for Physiotherapy. No improvement. Three months after going on sick leave, out the door with package.
Have since had knee replacements in both legs and can walk much better now. About 4 months after getting my package, I got a letter from RM asking if I wanted to work in the MLO for the xmas pressure, had to decline because of pain in legs, couldn't stand for hours on end. After operations applied for Xmas pressure work and got knocked back. There's consistency for you.
ATOS were okay, RM management were a problem, head office and package were okay.
Good luck. You will need it.
Have since had knee replacements in both legs and can walk much better now. About 4 months after getting my package, I got a letter from RM asking if I wanted to work in the MLO for the xmas pressure, had to decline because of pain in legs, couldn't stand for hours on end. After operations applied for Xmas pressure work and got knocked back. There's consistency for you.
ATOS were okay, RM management were a problem, head office and package were okay.
Good luck. You will need it.