ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Sickness Absence

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Sergeant Blast
Posts: 140
Joined: 24 Feb 2010, 22:09
Gender: Male
Location: Up North

Sickness Absence

Post by Sergeant Blast »

I've been off sick for several months. During this time I have supplied doctor's sick notes and fully cooperated with OH Assist. My manager has now started to give me ultimatums. Either come back to work or apply for IHR. At present I'm not well enough to return but would like more time to recover. Is there an agreed timescale on when I have to make such a decision by or is each case different? Where do I stand?
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: Sickness Absence

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

Each case is different and also be aware it's also may not be your decision, oh assist can recommend it to rm and you may potentially effectively have no say in the matter
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32794
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Sickness Absence

Post by POSTMAN »

IHR agreement here...

http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 36&t=15538" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32794
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Sickness Absence

Post by POSTMAN »

Take your time and don't be pressured into anything you don't want to do,if you feel you can continue in the business then use OHA to your advantage.
Get your area rep involved to help as well.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: Sickness Absence

Post by spiderj »

Think I'm in the same boat but would prefer ihr
I won
Glenno
Posts: 1491
Joined: 05 Jun 2007, 13:12

Re: Sickness Absence

Post by Glenno »

Sergeant Blast wrote:I've been off sick for several months. During this time I have supplied doctor's sick notes and fully cooperated with OH Assist. My manager has now started to give me ultimatums. Either come back to work or apply for IHR. At present I'm not well enough to return but would like more time to recover. Is there an agreed timescale on when I have to make such a decision by or is each case different? Where do I stand?
Depending on YOUR situation, all cases are assessed on their merits, even thou RM may apply you for IHR, there is an appeal system in place, what do you want? You have already stated that you have been off for several months, so your PAY should reflect this, are you covered by the Equality Act?
These sort of cases are quite difficult to assess on this forum as we dont have all the details avialiable, maybe contact your local rep? :wave :wave