ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Holiday plus Paternity
-
GoingPostal86
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 132
- Joined: 02 Dec 2012, 06:49
- Gender: Male
Holiday plus Paternity
My wife was due to give birth on or around the 10th May but the baby is on the way already! I am currently on holidays from 20th April for two weeks. How does this effect the paternity leave? I wrote on the form that it would be 10th May give or take. Do I take the paternity immediately on my back to work day (4th May) or wait til 10th anyway?
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Holiday plus Paternity
Firstly congratulations and I hope all goes well
Read the gov website it gives you the info on start dates etc
https://www.gov.uk/paternity-pay-leave/leave" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Personally I would just call dom and ask to change date to end of your annual leave, if he is decent he should be able to do that no problem as he is getting a few weeks notice about it
Read the gov website it gives you the info on start dates etc
https://www.gov.uk/paternity-pay-leave/leave" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Personally I would just call dom and ask to change date to end of your annual leave, if he is decent he should be able to do that no problem as he is getting a few weeks notice about it
-
GoingPostal86
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 132
- Joined: 02 Dec 2012, 06:49
- Gender: Male
Re: Holiday plus Paternity
Good stuff, will give him a shout once baby and wife get home safely. Just a bit worried they would try to make my annual leave paternity too!