ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Lapsing ......grrrr

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
mightymetro
Posts: 18
Joined: 13 Oct 2011, 08:02
Gender: Male

Lapsing ......grrrr

Post by mightymetro »

Just curious as to how many delivery points each of you do on average when you are lapsing
scoobydo79
Posts: 2055
Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
Gender: Male

Re: Lapsing ......grrrr

Post by scoobydo79 »

None here. I dont have time :nana
Brainache
Posts: 394
Joined: 30 Jul 2010, 21:37
Gender: Male

Re: Lapsing ......grrrr

Post by Brainache »

None here, dont have time :cuppa
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Lapsing ......grrrr

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

None - don't lapse - every time they introduce it the plan fails and they withdraw lapsing. So officially at the moment we are between plans.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

Re: Lapsing ......grrrr

Post by Jpro747 »

40 dp's. But some roads take longer than others. So your question should be "how long does your lapsing take?" In which case it is roughly 25 mins
worktotime
Posts: 2866
Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
Gender: Male

Re: Lapsing ......grrrr

Post by worktotime »

none , dont have time .
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Lapsing ......grrrr

Post by dvbuk55 »

I would always question someone who said "don't have time" , that can't possibly hold true for every day of every week and deserves to be looked at.
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1923
Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
Gender: Male

Re: Lapsing ......grrrr

Post by IloveMYredTROLLEY! »

dvbuk55 wrote:I would always question someone who said "don't have time" , that can't possibly hold true for every day of every week and deserves to be looked at.
I understand what you are getting at, as in every day has to be taken on its own merits, but it theoretically can be absolutely true every day of the week if the indoor and outdoor 318 is followed to the minute on impossibly high workload duties.

Today I should have done IPS for 1hr40mins from coming through the door, then taking 20mins break, then 30mins work time learning. First item in the frame @ 0930 and out the door at 1010, for what is typically ~4hrs45mins delivery plus 20mins break at end. Lets just say I took my breaks, had no WTLL (shock horror) and did far less IPS and I did not return from delivery anything like 2 hours early. ;)

Some duty 318s were created by planners while under the heavy influence of narcotics. ;)
motherhubbard
Posts: 1001
Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 17:13
Gender: Female
Location: in the cupboard

Re: Lapsing ......grrrr

Post by motherhubbard »

dvbuk55 wrote:I would always question someone who said "don't have time" , that can't possibly hold true for every day of every week and deserves to be looked at.
Either the office was very poorly planned or they are taking the piss.

If the model week was set so low that traffic is always above model week, then people are losing out on improved contracts.
Never let the hand you hold, hold you down.
Brainache
Posts: 394
Joined: 30 Jul 2010, 21:37
Gender: Male

Re: Lapsing ......grrrr

Post by Brainache »

On a light day doing it to the book I get back to the office 10/15 minutes `early` - enough time to tidy up and go. On a heavier day I do it `almost` to the book and get back 10/15 minutes`early`. Really heavy days I go over. So no room for lapsing.
scoobydo79
Posts: 2055
Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
Gender: Male

Re: Lapsing ......grrrr

Post by scoobydo79 »

dvbuk55 wrote:I would always question someone who said "don't have time" , that can't possibly hold true for every day of every week and deserves to be looked at.

If I had time I would do it.OR if I wanted to book overtime I would do it.
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Re: Lapsing ......grrrr

Post by eastie »

mightymetro wrote:Just curious as to how many delivery points each of you do on average when you are lapsing
if it means going over then none .normally 84 calls
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1923
Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
Gender: Male

Re: Lapsing ......grrrr

Post by IloveMYredTROLLEY! »

I have ~100 taken off, the penny may have finally dropped after trying to get me to complete the whole of my delivery and then take ~40 houses from another walk last year. ~9 times out of 10 I either left the lapsing; part of my duty; or both!
Tank
Posts: 206
Joined: 27 Sep 2010, 12:15
Gender: Male

Re: Lapsing ......grrrr

Post by Tank »

25 except Tuesday and Saturday which is 83, and there are big drives! Bout 45 mins worth.
sussexlad
Posts: 161
Joined: 28 Oct 2013, 21:52
Gender: Male

Re: Lapsing ......grrrr

Post by sussexlad »

11 dp's. takes about 2 mins.