ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Large vehicle license information
-
GoingPostal86
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 132
- Joined: 02 Dec 2012, 06:49
- Gender: Male
Large vehicle license information
Could someone provide information on what licenses and training costs are needed for driving lorries for Royal Mail? I am currently a postie and usually drive Transits but I am interested in applying for larger vehicles. I presume Royal Mail no longer puts people through for training? 
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32794
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Large vehicle license information
I think they still do,one of our collection drivers have moved up (6oo) although it was a couple of years ago.Not sure how it works though.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Large vehicle license information
Not strictly true as you have stated. As you are a postie attached to the delivery section of RM then the fleet of vehicles designated to your unit would basically be escorts, combi or transits.GoingPostal86 wrote:Could someone provide information on what licenses and training costs are needed for driving lorries for Royal Mail? I am currently a postie and usually drive Transits but I am interested in applying for larger vehicles. I presume Royal Mail no longer puts people through for training?
You would have to look for vacancies within the distribution section in your area who operate 7.5 tonne vans and make an application or a transfer to units operating larger vehicles as part of furthering your career within RM.
If you were successful with a transfer or receiving a vacancy then RM will give you training for operating larger vehicles.
I realise that there are some drivers of 7.5 tonnes vehicles who operate for delivery so it is a matter of what your area provides.
I