https://www.myroyalmail.com/news/2015/0 ... -revisions" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A new delivery process will be implemented in 400 self-selected delivery offices where workload has changed significantly or the initial programme was unsuccessful.
Jointly designed with the CWU, it aims to ensure workloads are balanced, delivery efficiency is improved and that we respond to changes in the marketplace.
A standard six-phase process will provide a framework for carrying out the revision across the units affected. There will be 18 work packages to complete, based on the information provided by individual units.
Richard Moor, head of delivery revisions, says: ‘We’ve standardised and streamlined the way things are done. We have made some mistakes in the past, but we are now working together to ensure successful new revisions.
Mick Kavanagh, CWU rep from Coventry, says: ‘It’s important people at the offices undergoing the revision feel they own it and work in partnership with revision managers. The new revisions are a joint idea.’
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
New process for delivery revisions rolls out to 400 DO's
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32794
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
New process for delivery revisions rolls out to 400 DO's
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: New process for delivery revisions rolls out to 400 DO's
Only 400?
Self selected? what does that mean?
-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
Re: New process for delivery revisions rolls out to 400 DO's
need to get some bloody staff in first!! before playing around with all the failed revisions that were rushed through before any real figures for mail etc were offered up.
I work in a small office of 23 walks and currently we are lasping 3 daily and running with 8 vacancies ( with one more who left on Monday (pt) a full timer to go within 2 months and a new starter (pt) who will be leaving in july to go to Uni.
been told that we have got 2 new starters on May 18th ( pt wed - sat )
we had two posties yesterday take out a whole extra walk on top of their own. I really wish people would wake up and smell the coffee, don't work your day off, don't do overtime and work to your time, then we would have to get some staff in.
in all the time I have worked in my office we have always run with vacancies, but never this stupidly ( our office currently has 280 hours a WEEK!! to play with on RCS )
I work in a small office of 23 walks and currently we are lasping 3 daily and running with 8 vacancies ( with one more who left on Monday (pt) a full timer to go within 2 months and a new starter (pt) who will be leaving in july to go to Uni.
been told that we have got 2 new starters on May 18th ( pt wed - sat )
we had two posties yesterday take out a whole extra walk on top of their own. I really wish people would wake up and smell the coffee, don't work your day off, don't do overtime and work to your time, then we would have to get some staff in.
in all the time I have worked in my office we have always run with vacancies, but never this stupidly ( our office currently has 280 hours a WEEK!! to play with on RCS )
-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
Re: New process for delivery revisions rolls out to 400 DO's
thank you for your comment Travis. it really shows you are a man of the people with your witty one liner ;)
I am not against overtime at all, I am against the manager of our office badgering people to come in and work their days off, and take an extra half a walk out on a daily basis, it's like a broken record and until we take a stand, we will get no extra staff in, no one should be asked to take a complete walk out on overtime, maybe people get asked when there is sickness etc in the office, but not because we are so understaffed.
I am not against overtime at all, I am against the manager of our office badgering people to come in and work their days off, and take an extra half a walk out on a daily basis, it's like a broken record and until we take a stand, we will get no extra staff in, no one should be asked to take a complete walk out on overtime, maybe people get asked when there is sickness etc in the office, but not because we are so understaffed.
Last edited by TrueBlueTerrier on 09 Apr 2015, 17:23, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: comment you were replying to has been removed
Reason: comment you were replying to has been removed
-
hans solo
- Posts: 3285
- Joined: 06 Feb 2011, 18:08
- Gender: Male
Re: New process for delivery revisions rolls out to 400 DO's
i will rip the pish out all the docket hunters and runners when they cant claim for going over and is tallied up over the week watch out its coming to an office near you shortly

-
dblad
- Posts: 448
- Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 18:26
- Gender: Male
Re: New process for delivery revisions rolls out to 400 DO's
Everybody as a right to make a comment, not everybody agrees with them but it's no reason to be insulting..BTW, they can shove the O/Ttravisbickle wrote:Abusive post removed
-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
Re: New process for delivery revisions rolls out to 400 DO's
seriously Travis, I think you have anger management issues.
so I am a XXXXXXX XXXXX am I. I am sorry but I don't think we have met in real life have we? if we had, I would know as I would have xxxx xxxx xxxx the first time you called me a XXXXX.
I was not a postman in the 90's, I have only seen the bad times ( I have been in the job eight years or so ) I have never been finished at 10.00 after my second delivery, Have you?
I am just stating a fact in the office that I work in, we are very understaffed, come and pay me a visit and take a look for yourself if you wish, I am sure I will extend a warm welcome to you.
EDITED by me to remove offensive words directed at myself.
so I am a XXXXXXX XXXXX am I. I am sorry but I don't think we have met in real life have we? if we had, I would know as I would have xxxx xxxx xxxx the first time you called me a XXXXX.
I was not a postman in the 90's, I have only seen the bad times ( I have been in the job eight years or so ) I have never been finished at 10.00 after my second delivery, Have you?
I am just stating a fact in the office that I work in, we are very understaffed, come and pay me a visit and take a look for yourself if you wish, I am sure I will extend a warm welcome to you.
EDITED by me to remove offensive words directed at myself.
Last edited by doorstepped on 09 Apr 2015, 17:44, edited 2 times in total.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: New process for delivery revisions rolls out to 400 DO's
If you're full-time and need overtime you really should look at your lifestyle because you're living beyond your means and a disaster waiting to happen.travisbickle wrote:Sackable post removed
If you're part-time and need the overtime what you really need is a full-time job, something we would all like to happen but unfortunately is made more difficult by Royal Mail's ability to rely on overtime as a resource model.
You are whether you like to admit it or not...part of the problem and throwing your toys out of the pram by resorting to name calling doesn't change that.
Last edited by TrueBlueTerrier on 09 Apr 2015, 17:29, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: quote removed
Reason: quote removed
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: New process for delivery revisions rolls out to 400 DO's
It's the likes of the docket chasers who'll lick the managers boots for an hours docket that ruined the job in the first place and anyone who needs the overtime to make ends meet are living beyond their means and if anyone needs more money they are the ones who should look for a better paid job.travisbickle wrote:Sack-able post removed
Last edited by TrueBlueTerrier on 09 Apr 2015, 17:30, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Teebs
Reason: Teebs
-
enskied
- Posts: 1877
- Joined: 16 Aug 2013, 17:14
- Gender: Male
Re: New process for delivery revisions rolls out to 400 DO's
Travisbic. I am a PT Postie, I too could do with extra cash in my pocket, but as long as Ft and Pt workers come in an hour before their time, prep their duty and even start throwing off the IPS I will never see a Ft contract. Doms will still be able to absorb and plan to do it because they know who will be in and who will quite happily work or free. We even have a guy that does just that and then complains he never gets OT !
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: New process for delivery revisions rolls out to 400 DO's
I sincerely hope for travisbickle employment (and overtime) prospects that his managers haven't gotten hard copies of his posts.
We don't make the rules up because we don't like swear words, or that we are offended by them. We have the rules in place to try and stop people getting sacked for what they thoughtlessly post
If travisbickle doesn't like our rules he can leave RMC - see the point you tried to make works both ways.
If anyone abuses any other member they will be Warned, if they ignore the warning they will be banned. But if managers get hard copies of any member using abusive language on here, there is nothing RoyalMailChat can do about it, and the consequences of your actions will rest where it belongs - on your own shoulders.
We don't make the rules up because we don't like swear words, or that we are offended by them. We have the rules in place to try and stop people getting sacked for what they thoughtlessly post
If travisbickle doesn't like our rules he can leave RMC - see the point you tried to make works both ways.
If anyone abuses any other member they will be Warned, if they ignore the warning they will be banned. But if managers get hard copies of any member using abusive language on here, there is nothing RoyalMailChat can do about it, and the consequences of your actions will rest where it belongs - on your own shoulders.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Re: New process for delivery revisions rolls out to 400 DO's
Let me see the post teebs 
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"