When I started last year I had already booked 2 weeks in July which I was given and never used any other holidays as I worked a 4 day week and had a 5 day weekend off every 3 weeks so never really felt I needed to book anything else.
I've moved office and purchased up to the 6 weeks and have at least 2 weeks to carry over so my question is now that they have put this years holiday sheet up on the board, should there be any problem if I go up and pick say 4-6 different weeks that are free in one go tomorrow? Plus I better remind them my previous DO gave me 2 weeks in July this year which my ex-DOM said would be honoured once I change office.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Booking holidays
-
jimmynailsalive
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 304
- Joined: 28 Dec 2013, 13:36
- Gender: Male
-
jimmynailsalive
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 304
- Joined: 28 Dec 2013, 13:36
- Gender: Male
Re: Booking holidays
To answer my own question, I asked about booking some weeks where there were gaps in the holiday sheet and was told they still had to complete some requests and update it!
Was told getting holidays at RM was a joke and seems to be the case, what is best way to get holidays booked, I am not fussy on when as mentioned I booked my summer 2 weeks at my last DO before changing office and would just like a few weeks between now and September, should I just look at all the gaps and request 3 or 4 different weeks in writing or is there a better method?
Was told getting holidays at RM was a joke and seems to be the case, what is best way to get holidays booked, I am not fussy on when as mentioned I booked my summer 2 weeks at my last DO before changing office and would just like a few weeks between now and September, should I just look at all the gaps and request 3 or 4 different weeks in writing or is there a better method?
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Re: Booking holidays
The gap is there to give other postal worker holiday slot to book, once everybody done it, then it will be next slot for people to book their holidays.
-
jimmynailsalive
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 304
- Joined: 28 Dec 2013, 13:36
- Gender: Male
Re: Booking holidays
How long should it take before I get a shout at taking a holiday, there are spaces this month and some weeks have 2 and 3 blanks this month and would jump at the chance for a week or two at the moment, mentioned it today and was told he was waiting on 6 replies!Darren Bent wrote:The gap is there to give other postal worker holiday slot to book, once everybody done it, then it will be next slot for people to book their holidays.
Also reminded him that my DOM at the last DO gave me 2 weeks in prime summer time which he said any office I transferred to would have to honour which raised an eyebrow from him?
Never known such a carry on just to use annual leave anywhere before
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Booking holidays
If you have a sheet with those two summer weeks on from original DO, you were covered, but now you have raised it with new DO they can cancel it IF they give you more than two weeks notice in writing.jimmynailsalive wrote:How long should it take before I get a shout at taking a holiday, there are spaces this month and some weeks have 2 and 3 blanks this month and would jump at the chance for a week or two at the moment, mentioned it today and was told he was waiting on 6 replies!Darren Bent wrote:The gap is there to give other postal worker holiday slot to book, once everybody done it, then it will be next slot for people to book their holidays.
Also reminded him that my DOM at the last DO gave me 2 weeks in prime summer time which he said any office I transferred to would have to honour which raised an eyebrow from him?
Never known such a carry on just to use annual leave anywhere before
-
jimmynailsalive
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 304
- Joined: 28 Dec 2013, 13:36
- Gender: Male
Re: Booking holidays
So are you saying I get 2 weeks at my previous DO booked, they do a revision and make up about 10 PT's to FT and the last 7 or so who came in the door had to look for new jobs and I go to another DO and they won't honour my holidays?IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:If you have a sheet with those two summer weeks on from original DO, you were covered, but now you have raised it with new DO they can cancel it IF they give you more than two weeks notice in writing.jimmynailsalive wrote:How long should it take before I get a shout at taking a holiday, there are spaces this month and some weeks have 2 and 3 blanks this month and would jump at the chance for a week or two at the moment, mentioned it today and was told he was waiting on 6 replies!Darren Bent wrote:The gap is there to give other postal worker holiday slot to book, once everybody done it, then it will be next slot for people to book their holidays.
Also reminded him that my DOM at the last DO gave me 2 weeks in prime summer time which he said any office I transferred to would have to honour which raised an eyebrow from him?
Never known such a carry on just to use annual leave anywhere before
On another point, why do I have to wait on a supervisor asking 6 more people for their holidays, there are a couple of spaces next week and following weeks before it starts to fill up around the summer, why are weeks with spaces going to waste when I would happily take them all?
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Re: Booking holidays
That Royal Mail system. Never good enough for us or our need. It is too restrictive but there had to be balance somewhere :(