ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Wage slip

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
PHARRY
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 327
Joined: 04 Nov 2013, 17:56
Gender: Male

Wage slip

Post by PHARRY »

On my payslip I have POAL written on it


also. Minus - £6.17 what does it mean ?
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Wage slip

Post by fishtank »

PHARRY wrote:On my payslip I have POAL written on it


also. Minus - £6.17 what does it mean ?
Purchase Of Annual Leave.
It does what it says on the tin.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Wage slip

Post by arnold cheshire »

PHARRY wrote:On my payslip I have POAL written on it


also. Minus - £6.17 what does it mean ?
did you purchase extra annual leave ?
PHARRY
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 327
Joined: 04 Nov 2013, 17:56
Gender: Male

Re: Wage slip

Post by PHARRY »

Yes I did it is the first time I see it on my wage slip
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1923
Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
Gender: Male

Re: Wage slip

Post by IloveMYredTROLLEY! »

If you are purchasing annual leave for the first time this coming financial year, the first deduction should not happen until next week, the wages you probably received Thursday were for week 52 of the financial year.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Wage slip

Post by arnold cheshire »

IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:If you are purchasing annual leave for the first time this coming financial year, the first deduction should not happen until next week, the wages you probably received Thursday were for week 52 of the financial year.
annual leave doesnt start on 6 april
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1923
Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
Gender: Male

Re: Wage slip

Post by IloveMYredTROLLEY! »

arnold cheshire wrote:
IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:If you are purchasing annual leave for the first time this coming financial year, the first deduction should not happen until next week, the wages you probably received Thursday were for week 52 of the financial year.
annual leave doesnt start on 6 april
True, you could be off next week, tagging it on to the Easter bank holiday.

But surely the 52 weeks of 2015-16 cover the annual leave purchased in that year?
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Wage slip

Post by fishtank »

IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:But surely the 52 weeks of 2015-16 cover the annual leave purchased in that year?
This week was actually week 1 of the annual leave allocation, I know cause I picked it. :Very Happy
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1923
Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
Gender: Male

Re: Wage slip

Post by IloveMYredTROLLEY! »

fishtank wrote:
IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:But surely the 52 weeks of 2015-16 cover the annual leave purchased in that year?
This week was actually week 1 of the annual leave allocation, I know cause I picked it. :Very Happy
Which begs the rhetorical question, how many OPGs have been robbed of one week's POAL money when they decide to come off the POAL system, because deductions don't match the financial year? :silenced
Judgee
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2262
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18

Re: Wage slip

Post by Judgee »

IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:
fishtank wrote:
IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:But surely the 52 weeks of 2015-16 cover the annual leave purchased in that year?
This week was actually week 1 of the annual leave allocation, I know cause I picked it. :Very Happy
Which begs the rhetorical question, how many OPGs have been robbed of one week's POAL money when they decide to come off the POAL system, because deductions don't match the financial year? :silenced
They were adjusted so it only deducted a percentage of the week. The new year for deductions started 1st April so 4 days deductions were taken and no one loses anything! :roll:
Union what Union? Do we have a union?