Local level; it hasn't happened in 8 years, so I'm not holding my breath.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Employee Survey 2015
-
Nigel1505
- Posts: 409
- Joined: 10 Jun 2010, 08:24
- Gender: Male
Employee Survey 2015
"The results from the survey will be shared at a local and national level once they are available.
Local level; it hasn't happened in 8 years, so I'm not holding my breath.
Local level; it hasn't happened in 8 years, so I'm not holding my breath.
-
tonytucker
- Posts: 190
- Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 18:20
- Gender: Male
- Location: Essex now
Re: Employee Survey 2015
No chance,our office only had 45% completion rate and the dims weren't happy!no brownie points for them
BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Re: Employee Survey 2015
100% didnt do them,didnt want to do them,apathy is alive and well in our office. Same questions, same answers with no action on issues raised,its tiresome to say the least,better the effort and concern at local level,carpet and sweep comes to mind,after 35 years am getting a tad tired of it all. Had my say several times to moya,and got no where bored and tired if it all now.model week etc blah blah blah !! Is it just me ? 
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Employee Survey 2015
No. Not looking at the general sentiment expressed on this board,it isn't. Writing to Moya is like putting wheels on a tomato,time consuming and utterly pointless.Is it just me ?
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4194
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Employee Survey 2015
We were all rounded up like criminals and forced to attend a work time learning session
We were then told that "you have the right to remain silent but anything that you do write, will be taken down and not used in evidence"
We were then told that "you have the right to remain silent but anything that you do write, will be taken down and not used in evidence"
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
houseoflords
- Posts: 352
- Joined: 06 Feb 2012, 22:25
- Gender: Male
Re: Employee Survey 2015
Mine went in the bin, same as last year, not worth the effort or ink.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32794
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Employee Survey 2015
Think we need an active campaign next year,to possibly go either of 2 ways.
EVERYONE refuses to fill them out/take them home and post them back unfilled.(My personal favourite and one which would get a wtf reaction)
EVERYONE fills them out and be as honest as possible.
EVERYONE refuses to fill them out/take them home and post them back unfilled.(My personal favourite and one which would get a wtf reaction)
EVERYONE fills them out and be as honest as possible.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
jetblack
- Posts: 974
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 12:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Employee Survey 2015
The surveys have serial numbers.
I personally believe that the survey is not, therefore, an anonymous survey. This is exactly what I wrote on the recent survey (further comments section) - and nothing else.
I reckon there will be quite a few people out there who have similar concerns and so will not feel comfortable in expressing their true feelings and/or working experiences in said employee surveys.
Whats the sum of it all ? The results of the employee survey (shared with employees or not) aren't worth the paper they are written on. The results are both unreliable and invalid.
Do away with the serial numbers (and any other obvious means by which the respondent of the survey can be individually located/identified) and maybe there might be people like me coming on to forums like this and actually be welcoming the opportunity that a truly anonymous survey would afford them in expressing their real working experience.
I personally believe that the survey is not, therefore, an anonymous survey. This is exactly what I wrote on the recent survey (further comments section) - and nothing else.
I reckon there will be quite a few people out there who have similar concerns and so will not feel comfortable in expressing their true feelings and/or working experiences in said employee surveys.
Whats the sum of it all ? The results of the employee survey (shared with employees or not) aren't worth the paper they are written on. The results are both unreliable and invalid.
Do away with the serial numbers (and any other obvious means by which the respondent of the survey can be individually located/identified) and maybe there might be people like me coming on to forums like this and actually be welcoming the opportunity that a truly anonymous survey would afford them in expressing their real working experience.
Good security means trying to limit the damage a Trusted role can do
-
pants123
Re: Employee Survey 2015
I drew a big cock and balls on mine, thats about as much notice given to the servey by royal mail...
complete waste of time.. there only interested in cutting, cutting screwing delivery over and working you into the ground for more money
complete waste of time.. there only interested in cutting, cutting screwing delivery over and working you into the ground for more money
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Employee Survey 2015
Can't see how that would have helped in our place, the surveys were laid out on tables in our conference room (swanky), I picked where I sat and when I finished it the survey got sealed and thrown in a cardboard box with about 100 others. Serial numbers would have been no help to them since they didn't know who would sit where.jetblack wrote:The surveys have serial numbers.
I personally believe that the survey is not, therefore, an anonymous survey.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Employee Survey 2015
they are given out annomous so serial numbers mean nothingjetblack wrote:The surveys have serial numbers.
I personally believe that the survey is not, therefore, an anonymous survey. This is exactly what I wrote on the recent survey (further comments section) - and nothing else.
I reckon there will be quite a few people out there who have similar concerns and so will not feel comfortable in expressing their true feelings and/or working experiences in said employee surveys.
Whats the sum of it all ? The results of the employee survey (shared with employees or not) aren't worth the paper they are written on. The results are both unreliable and invalid.
Do away with the serial numbers (and any other obvious means by which the respondent of the survey can be individually located/identified) and maybe there might be people like me coming on to forums like this and actually be welcoming the opportunity that a truly anonymous survey would afford them in expressing their real working experience.
-
2pints
- Posts: 286
- Joined: 28 Feb 2013, 16:46
- Gender: Male
Re: Employee Survey 2015
Bunch of drama queens.Just fill it in,be honest. 
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Employee Survey 2015
I work on the principle of: If I don't fill it in they're Definitely not going to know what I think, on the other hand they may choose to ignore it (as in previous years) but I had a sit down and a cuppa so no sweat!
I think it's a bit like voting...If you don't vote (for whoever) don't go moaning about who gets in! You had your chance!
I think it's a bit like voting...If you don't vote (for whoever) don't go moaning about who gets in! You had your chance!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
redneck
- Posts: 788
- Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
- Gender: Male
Re: Employee Survey 2015
I suspect there is an element of the employee survey in the manager's bonus, like most other things? That would be why they are so keen to get them back from you in person rather than letting you post it anonymously as intended (hence the pre-paid envelope). I was off when they did our office, but lo and behold when I returned I was targeted for the 'special treatment' at my frame. I normally sit out the group sitting organised for us without flling it in as it is not confidential under those circumstances, but this time I was surrounded by two managers just after I had sealed it up on my frame (where it had been left on my arrival). I wrote 'no comment' all over it.