ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Chief executive talks to frontline colleagues
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32794
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Chief executive talks to frontline colleagues
https://www.myroyalmail.com/news/2015/0 ... meets-team" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.myroyalmail.com/sites/default/files/styles/full/public/images/news/Moya%20on%20delivery%20MRM.jpg?itok=7tZv3wePMoya Greene spent yesterday at London’s Mount Pleasant on her latest visit to frontline colleagues.
Moya joined postmen and women as they prepped walks for Central London. She also went on delivery with Denise Goldfinch, a postwoman with 29 years’ service, to see for herself the challenges our postmen and women face.
Denise and Moya chatted about delivering to flats and businesses and how shift work can benefit colleagues with young families.
Denise said: ‘Moya was really down to earth and was genuinely interested in hearing what I had to say about the job. We really got on well.’
Q&A
Following her delivery walk, Moya met 15 frontline colleagues to hear their comments and answer their questions.
She told the gathering: ‘You guys taught me the business. I learn so much from visits like this, and it’s so good to meet the people who do the work on the frontline.’
Moya said Royal Mail has achieved a lot in recent years, but the pace of change must increase if we’re to keep up with our competitors.
She also stopped to talk to postman Lahcen Khalfaoui as he prepped mail at the ECW1 DO.
He said: ‘I didn’t expect to see her so it was a great surprise. It shows she’s interested in what we think if she’s comes out and speak to us one-to-one.’
https://www.myroyalmail.com/sites/default/files/styles/full/public/images/news/Moya%20on%20delivery%20MRM.jpg?itok=7tZv3wePMoya Greene spent yesterday at London’s Mount Pleasant on her latest visit to frontline colleagues.
Moya joined postmen and women as they prepped walks for Central London. She also went on delivery with Denise Goldfinch, a postwoman with 29 years’ service, to see for herself the challenges our postmen and women face.
Denise and Moya chatted about delivering to flats and businesses and how shift work can benefit colleagues with young families.
Denise said: ‘Moya was really down to earth and was genuinely interested in hearing what I had to say about the job. We really got on well.’
Q&A
Following her delivery walk, Moya met 15 frontline colleagues to hear their comments and answer their questions.
She told the gathering: ‘You guys taught me the business. I learn so much from visits like this, and it’s so good to meet the people who do the work on the frontline.’
Moya said Royal Mail has achieved a lot in recent years, but the pace of change must increase if we’re to keep up with our competitors.
She also stopped to talk to postman Lahcen Khalfaoui as he prepped mail at the ECW1 DO.
He said: ‘I didn’t expect to see her so it was a great surprise. It shows she’s interested in what we think if she’s comes out and speak to us one-to-one.’
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Chief executive talks to frontline colleagues
Lots wrong with that picture...shall we start with the hat? 
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
shepherdess
- Posts: 445
- Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 16:16
- Gender: Female
Re: Chief executive talks to frontline colleagues
Where is her lwt I thought they were mandatory
-
mpl1111
- Posts: 62
- Joined: 25 Aug 2012, 18:20
- Gender: Male
Re: Chief executive talks to frontline colleagues
Oh dear, what has she come as?!!! Was she on her way to a fancy dress party on that delivery?!! Is she not the one who says we all have to use a light weight trolley. No more bags on shoulder. Apparently she was really interested in what people had to say....yes course she was bless her. On her way out did she mention what more cutbacks and more lapsing she has planned
-
castra
- Posts: 23
- Joined: 05 Oct 2012, 11:31
- Gender: Male
Re: Chief executive talks to frontline colleagues
Apart from failing to use a lwt, she has no high viz jacket. Tut Tut.
I wonder if the CE was out for the WHOLE walk? Four hours plus lapsing? Somehow I suspect not......
I wonder if the CE was out for the WHOLE walk? Four hours plus lapsing? Somehow I suspect not......
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Chief executive talks to frontline colleagues
castra wrote:Apart from failing to use a lwt, she has no high viz jacket. Tut Tut.
I wonder if the CE was out for the WHOLE walk? Four hours plus lapsing? Somehow I suspect not......
shepherdess wrote:Where is her lwt I thought they were mandatory
and Hi-viz are not compulsory on Delivery, only when conditions or aspects of the delivery require it. For example fog or poor visibility, and where vehicles are moving around, or you are entering and exiting vehicles.what the courier wrote:Denise and Moya chatted about delivering to flats
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Chief executive talks to frontline colleagues
That's a pair of brand new trainers HRH is wearing, now after her 4hr delivery
did she?
1) Keep them...
2) Bin them...
3) Is someone getting slightly used trainers when they next order them?
1) Keep them...
2) Bin them...
3) Is someone getting slightly used trainers when they next order them?
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
cyclemech1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 334
- Joined: 20 Jul 2009, 20:46
- Gender: Male
Re: Chief executive talks to frontline colleagues
Apparently, a new series of 'Vera' starts soon. How did Brenda Blethyn find the time to turn up at Mount Pleasant?POSTMAN wrote:https://www.myroyalmail.com/news/2015/0 ... meets-team
https://www.myroyalmail.com/sites/default/files/styles/full/public/images/news/Moya%20on%20delivery%20MRM.jpg?itok=7tZv3wePMoya Greene spent yesterday at London’s Mount Pleasant on her latest visit to frontline colleagues.
Moya joined postmen and women as they prepped walks for Central London. She also went on delivery with Denise Goldfinch, a postwoman with 29 years’ service, to see for herself the challenges our postmen and women face.
Denise and Moya chatted about delivering to flats and businesses and how shift work can benefit colleagues with young families.
Denise said: ‘Moya was really down to earth and was genuinely interested in hearing what I had to say about the job. We really got on well.’
Q&A
Following her delivery walk, Moya met 15 frontline colleagues to hear their comments and answer their questions.
She told the gathering: ‘You guys taught me the business. I learn so much from visits like this, and it’s so good to meet the people who do the work on the frontline.’
Moya said Royal Mail has achieved a lot in recent years, but the pace of change must increase if we’re to keep up with our competitors.
She also stopped to talk to postman Lahcen Khalfaoui as he prepped mail at the ECW1 DO.
He said: ‘I didn’t expect to see her so it was a great surprise. It shows she’s interested in what we think if she’s comes out and speak to us one-to-one.’
-
cyrus
- Posts: 215
- Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Chief executive talks to frontline colleagues
Hope Moya is trialing new shoes for Royal Mail. They look like Nike Pegasus.Caught a few posties wearing them once out on delivery.Very comfy to wear
.
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Re: Chief executive talks to frontline colleagues
Hahahaha am a celebrity get me out of here
what the hell does she look like
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Re: Chief executive talks to frontline colleagues
Honest can't stop f### laughing in tears 
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Chief executive talks to frontline colleagues
Moya has confiscated her Hi Viz for her own use.castra wrote:Apart from failing to use a lwt, she has no high viz jacket. Tut Tut.
I wonder if the CE was out for the WHOLE walk? Four hours plus lapsing? Somehow I suspect not......
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Chief executive talks to frontline colleagues
Lincox wrote:Moya has confiscated her Hi Viz for her own use.
Nope, that's a manager hi-viz, blue with useless tosspot written on the back.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
mudmonster
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 107
- Joined: 28 Apr 2010, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Chief executive talks to frontline colleagues
Like the difference in bag weights

-
mdm
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 209
- Joined: 17 Mar 2010, 15:44
- Gender: Male
Re: Chief executive talks to frontline colleagues
Where's the fecking mad dog when you need one! 