I cant find any information regarding the speed limit for Transit sized vans in our office. There is only information regarding bippers, combos and the big lorries... could someone tell me the correct speed limit for Transits on various types of roads?
Also I am constantly getting told to cram more mail into the transit for delivery to the mail center yet I have no way to tell if it is overweight.. no weigh bridge! Some days the doors wont even shut they have crammed so much in!
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Transit speed and weight limits
-
GoingPostal86
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 132
- Joined: 02 Dec 2012, 06:49
- Gender: Male
-
mudmonster
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 107
- Joined: 28 Apr 2010, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Transit speed and weight limits
Phone Ford up look in the handbook,if you think the van is overweight tell the lino,it is you that will get the fine and the points!!

-
GoingPostal86
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 132
- Joined: 02 Dec 2012, 06:49
- Gender: Male
Re: Transit speed and weight limits
That's the thing.. I have no way of telling if it is overweight! The post is always different weights from bag to bag and I feel a bit bullied or laughed when I mention it. Unless the van is visably overweight I wouldnt have a clue!mudmonster wrote:Phone Ford up look in the handbook,if you think the van is overweight tell the lino,it is you that will get the fine and the points!!![]()
-
GoingPostal86
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 132
- Joined: 02 Dec 2012, 06:49
- Gender: Male
Re: Transit speed and weight limits
National Speed Limits for these vehicles are as follows:Motorway - 70mph (60mph if articulated or towing a trailer)Dual Carriageway - 60mph.Single Carriageway - 50mph.Built-up Area (Indicated by a regular system of street lighting) - 30mph
Does this sound right?
Does this sound right?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Transit speed and weight limits
https://www.gov.uk/speed-limits" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Vans and ‘car-derived’ vans
Most vans are under 7.5 tonnes laden (loaded) weight and must follow the speed limits for goods vehicles of the same weight. This includes Ford Transit vans.
‘Car-derived’ vans weigh no more than 2 tonnes when loaded and are goods vehicles based on car designs, such as a Ford Fiesta van or Vauxhall Astra van. Check your log book under ‘body type’ if you’re not sure.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.