ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Employee Survey 2015

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Nigel1505
Posts: 409
Joined: 10 Jun 2010, 08:24
Gender: Male

Employee Survey 2015

Post by Nigel1505 »

"The results from the survey will be shared at a local and national level once they are available.

Local level; it hasn't happened in 8 years, so I'm not holding my breath. :Boo hoo!
tonytucker
Posts: 190
Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 18:20
Gender: Male
Location: Essex now

Re: Employee Survey 2015

Post by tonytucker »

No chance,our office only had 45% completion rate and the dims weren't happy!no brownie points for them
BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Re: Employee Survey 2015

Post by robbertwhitton »

100% didnt do them,didnt want to do them,apathy is alive and well in our office. Same questions, same answers with no action on issues raised,its tiresome to say the least,better the effort and concern at local level,carpet and sweep comes to mind,after 35 years am getting a tad tired of it all. Had my say several times to moya,and got no where bored and tired if it all now.model week etc blah blah blah !! Is it just me ? :sad:
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

Re: Employee Survey 2015

Post by rubberbond »

Is it just me ? :sad:
No. Not looking at the general sentiment expressed on this board,it isn't. Writing to Moya is like putting wheels on a tomato,time consuming and utterly pointless.
postslippete
Posts: 4194
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

Re: Employee Survey 2015

Post by postslippete »

We were all rounded up like criminals and forced to attend a work time learning session


We were then told that "you have the right to remain silent but anything that you do write, will be taken down and not used in evidence"
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
houseoflords
Posts: 352
Joined: 06 Feb 2012, 22:25
Gender: Male

Re: Employee Survey 2015

Post by houseoflords »

Mine went in the bin, same as last year, not worth the effort or ink.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32794
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Employee Survey 2015

Post by POSTMAN »

Think we need an active campaign next year,to possibly go either of 2 ways.
EVERYONE refuses to fill them out/take them home and post them back unfilled.(My personal favourite and one which would get a wtf reaction)
EVERYONE fills them out and be as honest as possible.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
jetblack
Posts: 974
Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 12:54
Gender: Male

Re: Employee Survey 2015

Post by jetblack »

The surveys have serial numbers.

I personally believe that the survey is not, therefore, an anonymous survey. This is exactly what I wrote on the recent survey (further comments section) - and nothing else.

I reckon there will be quite a few people out there who have similar concerns and so will not feel comfortable in expressing their true feelings and/or working experiences in said employee surveys.

Whats the sum of it all ? The results of the employee survey (shared with employees or not) aren't worth the paper they are written on. The results are both unreliable and invalid.


Do away with the serial numbers (and any other obvious means by which the respondent of the survey can be individually located/identified) and maybe there might be people like me coming on to forums like this and actually be welcoming the opportunity that a truly anonymous survey would afford them in expressing their real working experience.
Good security means trying to limit the damage a Trusted role can do
pants123

Re: Employee Survey 2015

Post by pants123 »

I drew a big cock and balls on mine, thats about as much notice given to the servey by royal mail...

complete waste of time.. there only interested in cutting, cutting screwing delivery over and working you into the ground for more money
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Employee Survey 2015

Post by fishtank »

jetblack wrote:The surveys have serial numbers.

I personally believe that the survey is not, therefore, an anonymous survey.
Can't see how that would have helped in our place, the surveys were laid out on tables in our conference room (swanky), I picked where I sat and when I finished it the survey got sealed and thrown in a cardboard box with about 100 others. Serial numbers would have been no help to them since they didn't know who would sit where.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Employee Survey 2015

Post by arnold cheshire »

jetblack wrote:The surveys have serial numbers.

I personally believe that the survey is not, therefore, an anonymous survey. This is exactly what I wrote on the recent survey (further comments section) - and nothing else.

I reckon there will be quite a few people out there who have similar concerns and so will not feel comfortable in expressing their true feelings and/or working experiences in said employee surveys.

Whats the sum of it all ? The results of the employee survey (shared with employees or not) aren't worth the paper they are written on. The results are both unreliable and invalid.


Do away with the serial numbers (and any other obvious means by which the respondent of the survey can be individually located/identified) and maybe there might be people like me coming on to forums like this and actually be welcoming the opportunity that a truly anonymous survey would afford them in expressing their real working experience.
they are given out annomous so serial numbers mean nothing
2pints
Posts: 286
Joined: 28 Feb 2013, 16:46
Gender: Male

Re: Employee Survey 2015

Post by 2pints »

Bunch of drama queens.Just fill it in,be honest. :crazy:
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: Employee Survey 2015

Post by Dorset Plodder »

I work on the principle of: If I don't fill it in they're Definitely not going to know what I think, on the other hand they may choose to ignore it (as in previous years) but I had a sit down and a cuppa so no sweat! :cuppa

I think it's a bit like voting...If you don't vote (for whoever) don't go moaning about who gets in! You had your chance! :hmmmm
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
redneck
Posts: 788
Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
Gender: Male

Re: Employee Survey 2015

Post by redneck »

I suspect there is an element of the employee survey in the manager's bonus, like most other things? That would be why they are so keen to get them back from you in person rather than letting you post it anonymously as intended (hence the pre-paid envelope). I was off when they did our office, but lo and behold when I returned I was targeted for the 'special treatment' at my frame. I normally sit out the group sitting organised for us without flling it in as it is not confidential under those circumstances, but this time I was surrounded by two managers just after I had sealed it up on my frame (where it had been left on my arrival). I wrote 'no comment' all over it.