ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Bank holiday credits missing

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Queeg500
Posts: 37
Joined: 22 Sep 2013, 11:24
Gender: Male

Bank holiday credits missing

Post by Queeg500 »

Image

Oh the dejection.... can HR (or as a last resort, the DOM - imbecile) help me track down what BH credits I'm due from last year? I work 5 days/25hrs, my rest days 'fell' on 5 or 6 of the 8 bank holidays we had in the last 12 months. Predictably, I've only received 1 day BH credit for the last financial year.... :d'oh! I had a record of them on a spreadsheet until I had a hard drive failure recently...

Forgive me, I feel defeated, it's problem after problem in this office, I need a new job/change of DO before I lose it. :crazy:

Thanks!
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32794
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Bank holiday credits missing

Post by POSTMAN »

It should be on the tossers pooter,if not then said tosser is not doing his job properly,grievance time.
Anyone else affected?
Rep there?
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
feduppostie
Posts: 947
Joined: 24 Jun 2007, 19:46

Re: Bank holiday credits missing

Post by feduppostie »

OK if your manager has you on the right duty pattern then it may be simpler than you think

If and I stress IF your duty pattern on PSP is correct then unlike the old leave system it will not take 5 days off you and credit one back, it will only take 4 days off you in the first place

Meaning you are not owed days back as PSP knew it was your day off and only used 4 days a/l instead of 5

What you need to do is ask to see your last years leave on PSP and check if on those weeks it took 4 or 5 days off you. If it took 4 then all well and good and no days are owed, if it took 5 then your duty pattern is not correct and you will be owed days back

It is a major difference between the old way of doing leave ( where your leave card is still printed from) and the new way (PSP) and causes untold confusion

So my advice is check first what was taken from your leave on these weeks and go from there
Queeg500
Posts: 37
Joined: 22 Sep 2013, 11:24
Gender: Male

Re: Bank holiday credits missing

Post by Queeg500 »

Had trouble catching the DOM, revision is getting pushed trough so he's hard to get hold of. He had forgot to add on my unused leave carried over from last year so it was an easy 2 minute fix. Thanks for that bit of insight onto PSP, eyeballed his computer when he was sorting it and I don't think we're on PSP, must be the old system.

Thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated.