ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Holiday pay - part time contract
-
Mgmrfc
- Posts: 32
- Joined: 27 Feb 2014, 09:48
- Gender: Male
Holiday pay - part time contract
Can anyone help me with this problem. I'm on a part time permanent contract of 13hours. I know that if a take a weeks holiday I will get paid those 13hours but what i would like to know is how much I'm entitled to for a single days holiday/bank holidays. When I ask my doms both past and present they just fluff around the question while totally avoiding answering it.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Holiday pay - part time contract
How many hours and days are you contracted to work - these have an influence on the outcome of your question.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Mgmrfc
- Posts: 32
- Joined: 27 Feb 2014, 09:48
- Gender: Male
Re: Holiday pay - part time contract
I'm only contracted 13hours but the majority of weeks I'm getting full time hours. Very rarely is it below 30 hours. Mostly 35-39. In the past it seems when there's a bank holiday or I book a single day I don't receive any holiday pay for it.
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Re: Holiday pay - part time contract
Have a word with union rep to try to get improved contract. These part time contract is a scam to keep the cost down for holiday, sick pay, delivery supplement and bonus low while offering you plenty of overtime. It is designed to help the management make even bigger saving in office to get bigger bonus.
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Holiday pay - part time contract
Darren Bent wrote:Have a word with union rep to try to get improved contract. These part time contract is a scam to keep the cost down for holiday, sick pay, delivery supplement and bonus low while offering you plenty of overtime. It is designed to help the management make even bigger saving in office to get bigger bonus.
A scam that will hopefully be rendered impotent when the EU ruling is resolved and incorporated in the UK regarding OT etc. being included in average holiday pay.
I work 32.5 hours a week on a 30-hour contract.** The 2.5 hours (25 minutes per 6-day week) is signed for daily on the printed docket sheet. On leave and rota I don't get it.
**The thing is, I actually have a permanent 32.5-hour contract which I signed and returned 6 months ago! Only the DOM seems to think I'm 30-hour! My payslip says 30 hours too. Someone's messed up somewhere!
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32794
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Holiday pay - part time contract
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 53&t=59294" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;2.7.7 The level of part time Employees’ contracted hours will be reviewed by the
Employer and the CWU locally on a six monthly basis. Where appropriate,
increased contracted hours will be offered to reflect the hours actually
worked and planned.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
Mgmrfc
- Posts: 32
- Joined: 27 Feb 2014, 09:48
- Gender: Male
Re: Holiday pay - part time contract
Thanks for that link postman. So by my calculations I left angard in June 2014 and signed my contract with royal mail, that would mean I was due a review in jan 2015. Where do I stand legally on this and who do I approach about this. I assume that agreement is nationwide and being a Northern Ireland postman won't mean my terms are any different.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32794
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Holiday pay - part time contract
Your rep,if no rep an area rep.Mgmrfc wrote:Thanks for that link postman. So by my calculations I left angard in June 2014 and signed my contract with royal mail, that would mean I was due a review in jan 2015. Where do I stand legally on this and who do I approach about this. I assume that agreement is nationwide and being a Northern Ireland postman won't mean my terms are any different.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
Mgmrfc
- Posts: 32
- Joined: 27 Feb 2014, 09:48
- Gender: Male
Re: Holiday pay - part time contract
Thanks again for the reply. No idea who the rep is or how to contact area rep but il look into it.
Back to my original question, does anyone have any idea how much pay i'd be entitled to for a single day holiday/bank holiday on my current 13 hour contract?
Back to my original question, does anyone have any idea how much pay i'd be entitled to for a single day holiday/bank holiday on my current 13 hour contract?
-
pinstripe
- Posts: 2474
- Joined: 25 May 2007, 16:42
- Gender: Male
- Location: 2 left turns from reality
Re: Holiday pay - part time contract
Mgmrfc wrote:
Back to my original question, does anyone have any idea how much pay i'd be entitled to for a single day holiday/bank holiday on my current 13 hour contract?
It depends how many hours and days you work.
Is it 2 x 6.5 hour days? 3 x 4:20 days?
-
Mgmrfc
- Posts: 32
- Joined: 27 Feb 2014, 09:48
- Gender: Male
Re: Holiday pay - part time contract
@pinstripe. I work far more than the 13 hours. Usually five days a week at 7 or 8 hour shifts depending on duty. The 13 hours is all I'm contracted tho and the rest is put through as overtime.
-
Biker Mouse
- Posts: 543
- Joined: 19 Oct 2009, 18:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Holiday pay - part time contract
Think he is asking.............what does it say in your contract? How many days does it say in your contract. Forget what you actually do, the wording in the contract is the key to the answer to your question.Mgmrfc wrote:@pinstripe. I work far more than the 13 hours. Usually five days a week at 7 or 8 hour shifts depending on duty. The 13 hours is all I'm contracted tho and the rest is put through as overtime.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Holiday pay - part time contract
Mgmrfc wrote:@pinstripe. I work far more than the 13 hours. Usually five days a week at 7 or 8 hour shifts depending on duty. The 13 hours is all I'm contracted tho and the rest is put through as overtime.
Still can't help. We need to know how many DAYS you are contracted to work and how many hours for each of those days.
For instance if your contract is 5 days at 2 hours and 36 minutes - then you get all the bank holidays. But if your contract is 2 days at 6.5 hours you won't.
But on the 5 days you'll currently get 2:36 pay, and the 2 day one 6.5 hours - though this may change at some point as the Union are discussing it with RM, and there are legal implications awaited from recent hearings on overtime and holiday pay.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Mgmrfc
- Posts: 32
- Joined: 27 Feb 2014, 09:48
- Gender: Male
Re: Holiday pay - part time contract
Thanks for all the replies and sorry for being vague. il have to dig my contract out and check over it.
-
Mgmrfc
- Posts: 32
- Joined: 27 Feb 2014, 09:48
- Gender: Male
Re: Holiday pay - part time contract
Just checked my contract and all it states is that my hours of work will be 13 hours per week and these will be allocated to me by my line manager.