ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

no huddles/wtll for a month-greivance?RESOLVED thanks tb :)

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

no huddles/wtll for a month-greivance?RESOLVED thanks tb :)

Post by spiderj »

Due to not wanting overtime I miss huddles and wtll

I feel bullied by exclusion.
Grievance?
:cuppa
Last edited by spiderj on 24 Mar 2015, 13:58, edited 1 time in total.
I won
pod25
Posts: 240
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 21:13
Gender: Male

Re: no huddles/wtll for a month-greivance?

Post by pod25 »

We never have one :so there
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: no huddles/wtll for a month-greivance?

Post by Lounge Lizard »

Several years and never ever had them. :nana :nana
postslippete
Posts: 4194
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

Re: no huddles/wtll for a month-greivance?

Post by postslippete »

not everyone seems to attend them, especially drivers who have 9 am specials to deliver and part-timers who are supposed to start their shift later.

So what is the point of watching videos and listening to a manager if not everyone is present???
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: no huddles/wtll for a month-greivance?

Post by Lounge Lizard »

Watching videos and listening to a manager would probably be as exciting as the latest Courier dropping through the door :thumbdown
which is why those of us who never watch videos and listen to a manager annually, if he's not too busy, aren't the least concerned. :thumbup :cuppa :cuppa :cuppa
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: no huddles/wtll for a month-greivance?

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

spiderj wrote:Due to not wanting overtime I miss huddles and wtll

I feel bullied by exclusion.
Grievance?
:cuppa

What is the exact reason for not getting them?
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: no huddles/wtll for a month-greivance?

Post by spiderj »

Not starting early so I'm not in the office when they are happening
I won
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: no huddles/wtll for a month-greivance?

Post by Lounge Lizard »

spiderj wrote:Not starting early so I'm not in the office when they are happening
If it's that important to you maybe you should suggest to the DOM that he gives you your own personal huddle. :dance :nana :dance :nana :dance :cuppa
borgpicard
Posts: 486
Joined: 05 May 2011, 22:45
Gender: Male

Re: no huddles/wtll for a month-greivance?

Post by borgpicard »

boring and pointless anyway, everyone comes out saying "what a waste of time", "feckin pointless", and " thats 20 minuets of my life i'll never get back".
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: no huddles/wtll for a month-greivance?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

spiderj wrote:Due to not wanting overtime I miss huddles and wtll

I feel bullied by exclusion.
Grievance?
:cuppa
Possibly, however do they put the "minutes" of the sessions on notice boards. They do at our place and that might dilute the reasons for a grievance. However, your week should be planned with a 1/2 hour wtl session is that being policed by the rep on their meetings with management.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: no huddles/wtll for a month-greivance?

Post by spiderj »

Cheers tb
I know my week should be planned that way but its not,I reckon the minutes would be a good approach and to show I'm flexible I could read them/watch video on a Tuesday etc
I've asked management for clarification ....wonder how that'll go
:cuppa
I won
motherhubbard
Posts: 1001
Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 17:13
Gender: Female
Location: in the cupboard

Re: no huddles/wtll for a month-greivance?

Post by motherhubbard »

borgpicard wrote:boring and pointless anyway, everyone comes out saying "what a waste of time", "feckin pointless", and " thats 20 minuets of my life i'll never get back".
The maths is very simple.
In an office of say 60 staff, if everyone has 30 minutes WTLL scheduled then that adds 30 hours/week to the indoor hours.
Take it away and you lose a job.
WTLL may be a lot of things, but it isn't pointless.
Never let the hand you hold, hold you down.
wotashitjob
Posts: 18
Joined: 29 Jan 2015, 16:28
Gender: Female

Re: no huddles/wtll for a month-greivance?

Post by wotashitjob »

Your missing this when you dont have WTL lol
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tonytucker
Posts: 190
Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 18:20
Gender: Male
Location: Essex now

Re: no huddles/wtll for a month-greivance?

Post by tonytucker »

wotashitjob wrote:Your missing this when you dont have WTL lol
Actress
BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: no huddles/wtll for a month-greivance?

Post by Dorset Plodder »

motherhubbard wrote: The maths is very simple.
In an office of say 60 staff, if everyone has 30 minutes WTLL scheduled then that adds 30 hours/week to the indoor hours.
Take it away and you lose a job.
WTLL may be a lot of things, but it isn't pointless.
I agree with your point. If WTLL isn't being done (but the hours are being booked by the Manager, as I believe it's a box that needs to be Ticked for an element of his bonus)then it's basically Fraud! :no no
However in the world of Royal Mail, where "I'm alright Jack f**k You"! Most of the Runners see WTLL simply as something which is stopping them rushing out the door to finish early! :arrrghhh

How many times have you been in one of these sessions and someone is trying to get something sorted and all you hear is, " Come on for God's sake we're wasting time we could be out on delivery"? The short sightedness of these idiots is beyond belief. They'll sell their souls for £200 instead of putting in a disagreement and getting the Office Duties sorted. Which will benefit EVERYONE LONG TERM :d'oh!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)