I was recently IHR with a lump sum payment and have appealed against the decision. I have the following questions:
1. How long does the whole appeal process take ?
2. Am I allowed to withdraw my appeal whilst it is being considered if so am I allowed to keep my IHR lump sum ?
3. Can I take a new employment ? I believe I can but just need a confirmation please .
Many thanks for your prompt response.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Re: Ill health retirement/appeal
-
pod25
- Posts: 240
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 21:13
- Gender: Male
Re: Ill health retirement/appeal
Twice in one day I am confused
Are you saying you was given IHR without your acknowledgement or agreement ?
Are you saying you was given IHR without your acknowledgement or agreement ?
-
delta-force
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 21 Mar 2015, 15:40
- Gender: Male
Re: Ill health retirement/appeal
pod25 wrote:Twice in one day I am confused![]()
Are you saying you was given IHR without your acknowledgement or agreement ?
I was forced to take an IHR with a lump sum recently. I have appealed against this decision which is ongoing at the moment. However I am having a second thought now whether to withdraw my appeal and move on with my life. I am sure there is life beyond Royal Mail. So my question is, can I withdraw my appeal which is currently ongoing and be able to keep my lump sum that was paid to me ?
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Ill health retirement/appeal
Yes, as you've then consented to their original decision and are deemed to have accepted it.delta-force wrote:pod25 wrote:Twice in one day I am confused![]()
Are you saying you was given IHR without your acknowledgement or agreement ?
I was forced to take an IHR with a lump sum recently. I have appealed against this decision which is ongoing at the moment. However I am having a second thought now whether to withdraw my appeal and move on with my life. I am sure there is life beyond Royal Mail. So my question is, can I withdraw my appeal which is currently ongoing and be able to keep my lump sum that was paid to me ?
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32794
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Ill health retirement/appeal
And yes,you can move on and take other employment ect.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
delta-force
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 21 Mar 2015, 15:40
- Gender: Male
Re: Ill health retirement/appeal
POSTMAN wrote:And yes,you can move on and take other employment ect.
Thank you very much guys (busted flush and postman) for your response, really appreciated.