ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Re: Ill health retirement/appeal

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
delta-force
Posts: 7
Joined: 21 Mar 2015, 15:40
Gender: Male

Re: Ill health retirement/appeal

Post by delta-force »

I was recently IHR with a lump sum payment and have appealed against the decision. I have the following questions:

1. How long does the whole appeal process take ?
2. Am I allowed to withdraw my appeal whilst it is being considered if so am I allowed to keep my IHR lump sum ?
3. Can I take a new employment ? I believe I can but just need a confirmation please .

Many thanks for your prompt response.
pod25
Posts: 240
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 21:13
Gender: Male

Re: Ill health retirement/appeal

Post by pod25 »

Twice in one day I am confused :crazy:

Are you saying you was given IHR without your acknowledgement or agreement ?
delta-force
Posts: 7
Joined: 21 Mar 2015, 15:40
Gender: Male

Re: Ill health retirement/appeal

Post by delta-force »

pod25 wrote:Twice in one day I am confused :crazy:

Are you saying you was given IHR without your acknowledgement or agreement ?

I was forced to take an IHR with a lump sum recently. I have appealed against this decision which is ongoing at the moment. However I am having a second thought now whether to withdraw my appeal and move on with my life. I am sure there is life beyond Royal Mail. So my question is, can I withdraw my appeal which is currently ongoing and be able to keep my lump sum that was paid to me ?
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Re: Ill health retirement/appeal

Post by bustedflush »

delta-force wrote:
pod25 wrote:Twice in one day I am confused :crazy:

Are you saying you was given IHR without your acknowledgement or agreement ?

I was forced to take an IHR with a lump sum recently. I have appealed against this decision which is ongoing at the moment. However I am having a second thought now whether to withdraw my appeal and move on with my life. I am sure there is life beyond Royal Mail. So my question is, can I withdraw my appeal which is currently ongoing and be able to keep my lump sum that was paid to me ?
Yes, as you've then consented to their original decision and are deemed to have accepted it.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32794
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Ill health retirement/appeal

Post by POSTMAN »

And yes,you can move on and take other employment ect.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
delta-force
Posts: 7
Joined: 21 Mar 2015, 15:40
Gender: Male

Re: Ill health retirement/appeal

Post by delta-force »

POSTMAN wrote:And yes,you can move on and take other employment ect.

Thank you very much guys (busted flush and postman) for your response, really appreciated. :nana