ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

MRM:New parcel labels

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32794
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

MRM:New parcel labels

Post by POSTMAN »

https://www.myroyalmail.com/news/2015/0 ... cel-labels" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We are continuing improvements in our parcels business. This includes standardising and introducing new labels across all of our products, so that existing parcel labels are gradually replaced.

We’re also enhancing our current Tracked Returns offering so that customers are able to easily return unwanted or damaged goods.

Over the past two weeks, you will have seen more new labels on both tracked and non-tracked parcels as we standardise and introduce them across all of our products.

There is no change to how parcels are processed. All barcodes must be scanned as per the current operational process.

Tracked Return customers will have now begun migrating to the new Tracked Return Enhanced product. This means you will see two different sets of returns labels until all old stocks are used.

The new Tracked Return Enhanced items, which will have a new label, must be scanned as per the current Tracked process.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Hitcher
Posts: 1530
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

Re: MRM:New parcel labels

Post by Hitcher »

Are they the white ones with black ink so you don't know if it's a tracked, recorded, etc?
oypostie
Posts: 915
Joined: 25 Dec 2007, 13:39

Re: MRM:New parcel labels

Post by oypostie »

Are they the white ones with black ink so you don't know if it's a tracked, recorded, etc?
Yep. Another backward step. Bring back the coloured labels :evil/mad
doorstepped
Posts: 1063
Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
Gender: Male
Location: Somewhere west of London

Re: MRM:New parcel labels

Post by doorstepped »

all look the same on white 6x4 labels!!

another clever thought by a pen pusher who has never even seen a letter box.
iminavest
Posts: 39
Joined: 06 May 2013, 16:13
Gender: Male

Re: MRM:New parcel labels

Post by iminavest »

Agreed, the new labels are terrible.
Taking away the orange peelable labels will only increase the amount of time filling in 739s and the likelihood of miswritten numbers.
framusjsx
Posts: 88
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 16:53
Gender: Male

Re: MRM:New parcel labels

Post by framusjsx »

Had 2/3 in the last week that would not scan, could barely read the number but had to type it in. Stupid idea.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12182
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Re: MRM:New parcel labels

Post by SpacePhoenix »

oypostie wrote:
Are they the white ones with black ink so you don't know if it's a tracked, recorded, etc?
Yep. Another backward step. Bring back the coloured labels :evil/mad
Never going to happen. tbqf
Speedmeister
Posts: 119
Joined: 10 Feb 2011, 22:06
Gender: Male

Re: MRM:New parcel labels

Post by Speedmeister »

I had a signed for today that wouldn't scan because of the poor print quality and had to leave a 739 as no-one was in. It did have a peel off sticker with the tracking number on it which I put on the 739. When I handed it in at the locker it still wouldn't scan and didn't have a tracking number as I'd already peeled it off. I don't really see how that can be classed as an improvement.
They take the profits, you take the blame
When they tell you there's no rise in pay
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12182
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Re: MRM:New parcel labels

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Speedmeister wrote:I had a signed for today that wouldn't scan because of the poor print quality and had to leave a 739 as no-one was in. It did have a peel off sticker with the tracking number on it which I put on the 739. When I handed it in at the locker it still wouldn't scan and didn't have a tracking number as I'd already peeled it off. I don't really see how that can be classed as an improvement.
Assuming there's a data link somewhere between the new PDAs and RM's systems, I wouldn't be surprised to find they get some portable printers (something like what the ticket inspectors on the railways use for printing tickets). Probably the bulkiest part would be the roll of cards, if it's p739 once everything is trackable chances are the relevant into needed for the p739 will already be one the system so it would just be a case of fetching the relevant data and printing the 739
Hitcher
Posts: 1530
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

Re: MRM:New parcel labels

Post by Hitcher »

Speedmeister wrote:I had a signed for today that wouldn't scan because of the poor print quality and had to leave a 739 as no-one was in. It did have a peel off sticker with the tracking number on it which I put on the 739. When I handed it in at the locker it still wouldn't scan and didn't have a tracking number as I'd already peeled it off. I don't really see how that can be classed as an improvement.
We're meant to go back to writing the numbers I guess.
5plusbonusball
Posts: 1136
Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
Gender: Male
Location: up north of watford

Re: MRM:New parcel labels

Post by 5plusbonusball »

Customers don't give a fig whether its scanned, special. signed or whatever , they just want you to hand it over.
Let us do our job and scan the things as either delivered or slipped and if there is a problem it's simply down to us and our pda. Too much time taken messing with barcode writing now and while we do more outside , they (linos) do less inside.
Bad idea - re-sort it! :thumbdown
Why are lino's paid full-time ??