ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
so sad im leaving on ihr
-
kirstyx
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 147
- Joined: 24 Jul 2012, 16:45
- Gender: Female
so sad im leaving on ihr
Basically as the title says. After my knee started hurting back in June last year and seeing 3 consultants 4 physiotherapists and a surgeon they have finally put through for ihr. I finish next Saturday honestly im gutted I hate the office part but love being outside and having a laugh with the guys. All I can say now is good luck for everyone going forward i hope things ease off as the job is getting harder i can see more people going the same route as me.
-
Dee Plish
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 282
- Joined: 04 Aug 2009, 18:05
- Gender: Male
- Location: Atop many steps
Re: so sad im leaving on ihr
Good luck in the future. I finished on VR and don't miss the dickheaded way RM is run for a minute 
-
farstrider
- Posts: 41
- Joined: 24 Nov 2011, 17:45
- Gender: Male
Re: so sad im leaving on ihr
What happened with your knee,I'm asking because I have arthritis on left one and am expecting it to deteriote in the next few years I'm 50
-
kirstyx
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 147
- Joined: 24 Jul 2012, 16:45
- Gender: Female
Re: so sad im leaving on ihr
It's patellofemoral pain syndrome basically my kneecap is misaligned with my femur which causes pain and degradation of the cartilage unfortunately for me the knee gives out if I walk on it too much andI ccan only take paracetamol for the pain as I react badly to anything with codeine in it. Ive had steroid injection as well which didn't help me unfortunately.
-
osgoody1970
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 360
- Joined: 21 Jun 2011, 13:44
- Gender: Male
Re: so sad im leaving on ihr
I too left on IHR with knee trouble, put on 2 stone in weight since I left 6 months ago, shows how hard we were working!!!!
-
El-Bandito
- Posts: 313
- Joined: 27 Jan 2009, 14:14
- Gender: Male
Re: so sad im leaving on ihr
I can see future lawyer advertising. Have you worked for royal mail in the last 60 years? Have you been treated as a donkey? Better Call Saul.kirstyx wrote:It's patellofemoral pain syndrome basically my kneecap is misaligned with my femur which causes pain and degradation of the cartilage unfortunately for me the knee gives out if I walk on it too much andI ccan only take paracetamol for the pain as I react badly to anything with codeine in it. Ive had steroid injection as well which didn't help me unfortunately.
-
pants123
Re: so sad im leaving on ihr
Hope so, sueing them.... their killing the workforce... the van are not big enough for park and loop, the walks are massive.... aand they are taking more walks out...El-Bandito wrote:I can see future lawyer advertising. Have you worked for royal mail in the last 60 years? Have you been treated as a donkey? Better Call Saul.kirstyx wrote:It's patellofemoral pain syndrome basically my kneecap is misaligned with my femur which causes pain and degradation of the cartilage unfortunately for me the knee gives out if I walk on it too much andI ccan only take paracetamol for the pain as I react badly to anything with codeine in it. Ive had steroid injection as well which didn't help me unfortunately.
there be no one left to post, as management beatin posties to death.
-
kirstyx
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 147
- Joined: 24 Jul 2012, 16:45
- Gender: Female
Re: so sad im leaving on ihr
My office is awful we only had 2 weeks over xmas that there was no lapsing. We are now doing 5 walks and we have people from other offices coming to help us. I think that there are 5 of us that are on light duties
-
bobthepostie
- Posts: 135
- Joined: 24 Mar 2010, 17:41
- Gender: Male
Re: so sad im leaving on ihr
I have the same issue with my knee. I have to take high strength co-codamol everyday just to get round the walk. Have been told that there is no cure for patellofemoral pain. Realistically I reckon i have a couple of years max left in me to do the job before I will either have to chuck it or seek IHRkirstyx wrote:It's patellofemoral pain syndrome basically my kneecap is misaligned with my femur which causes pain and degradation of the cartilage unfortunately for me the knee gives out if I walk on it too much andI ccan only take paracetamol for the pain as I react badly to anything with codeine in it. Ive had steroid injection as well which didn't help me unfortunately.
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: so sad im leaving on ihr
Me too,I can see it happening,I'd sue the ass of them for wrecking my feet.pants123 wrote:Hope so, sueing them.... their killing the workforce... the van are not big enough for park and loop, the walks are massive.... aand they are taking more walks out...El-Bandito wrote:I can see future lawyer advertising. Have you worked for royal mail in the last 60 years? Have you been treated as a donkey? Better Call Saul.kirstyx wrote:It's patellofemoral pain syndrome basically my kneecap is misaligned with my femur which causes pain and degradation of the cartilage unfortunately for me the knee gives out if I walk on it too much andI ccan only take paracetamol for the pain as I react badly to anything with codeine in it. Ive had steroid injection as well which didn't help me unfortunately.
there be no one left to post, as management beatin posties to death.
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
farstrider
- Posts: 41
- Joined: 24 Nov 2011, 17:45
- Gender: Male
Re: so sad im leaving on ihr
i think we all are in the same position , gettin older and all those aches and pains are just becoming bigger problems and we see it only getting worse for us all . we are all wishing and hoping just to get ihr vr or evr all because oor bodies cant take the pressure anymore...what i want to know is why is the company not doing something about it.. its every office i reckon
-
Ricardo44
- Posts: 164
- Joined: 15 Dec 2013, 20:34
- Gender: Male
Re: so sad im leaving on ihr
Good luck for the future.
I am in my late 40's and am really struggling with the job now. I take Ibuprofen every morning and night to help ease the aches and pains. In the past 3 years I've spent quite a lot of money on physio for achilles heel,knee,hip,neck and shoulder problems caused by the job. The walks keep getting bigger as I get older. Don't know what the future holds as I can't see me making it to retirement age in this job..
I am in my late 40's and am really struggling with the job now. I take Ibuprofen every morning and night to help ease the aches and pains. In the past 3 years I've spent quite a lot of money on physio for achilles heel,knee,hip,neck and shoulder problems caused by the job. The walks keep getting bigger as I get older. Don't know what the future holds as I can't see me making it to retirement age in this job..
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Re: so sad im leaving on ihr
Good luck for the future!
I managed to tweak my knee on Monday (missed a step!), still very painful. Managing to do deliveries though with help of ibuprofen & knee support. Probably should be taking time off, but not entitled to sick pay yet
Off on friday, so feet up then! (although I was supposed to be on a long weekend this weekend, until lino changed my day off..... Hopefully off monday)
I managed to tweak my knee on Monday (missed a step!), still very painful. Managing to do deliveries though with help of ibuprofen & knee support. Probably should be taking time off, but not entitled to sick pay yet
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Re: so sad im leaving on ihr
All these people struggling on , taking painkillers like they are smarties,you are not doing yourselves any favours at all,long term. This is getting serious now,it is about time that some kind of review is undertaken. Surely we cannot go on like this, ,we are going to,be left with a generation of invalids,with no quality of life,shuffling about. Worrying, deeply so.
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Re: so sad im leaving on ihr
and I think it is very sad. I would like Royal Mail to address it to prevent costly ihr and sick pay. I am not too bad at the moment, but dreading it in 10 years time or whatever and be so badly injured and couldn't dance due to damages to my knees or ankle.