ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Atos referral
-
Lightweight andy
- Posts: 36
- Joined: 06 Feb 2014, 18:57
- Gender: Male
Atos referral
Hi I broke my arm for the second time in 7 months on the 11-1-2015 and I am just getting back into work, should I have had a atos referreal by now. I went into work last week doin a couple of hours it was only until wednesday when I asked the management are you goin to refer me to atos, he said I will get on to it, then the Dom calls me in saying can I do my full hours and do a row of the town work next week, and I will get on to atos for you, but I am still waiting for them to call I don't feel I should be jumping straight on to that I don't fell comfortable doing that as I still have a lot of pain in my arm from where they put the plate and screws in.
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Atos referral
Do what I did as it always kicks the DIMs into action and stops them pressurizing you.Lightweight andy wrote:Hi I broke my arm for the second time in 7 months on the 11-1-2015 and I am just getting back into work, should I have had a atos referreal by now. I went into work last week doin a couple of hours it was only until wednesday when I asked the management are you goin to refer me to atos, he said I will get on to it, then the Dom calls me in saying can I do my full hours and do a row of the town work next week, and I will get on to atos for you, but I am still waiting for them to call I don't feel I should be jumping straight on to that I don't fell comfortable doing that as I still have a lot of pain in my arm from where they put the plate and screws in.
Go to your GP, tell him/her the nature of your normal duties and why you can't perform them yet and they will write you an advisory note about suitable work. This trumps the DIMs arguments as it's from a professional and then he'll have to get ATOS to intervene as per procedure to protect both parties.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Atos referral
But we all know that most DOMs haven't the slightest interest in a GP's advisory note about suitable workbustedflush wrote:Do what I did as it always kicks the DIMs into action and stops them pressurizing you.Lightweight andy wrote:Hi I broke my arm for the second time in 7 months on the 11-1-2015 and I am just getting back into work, should I have had a atos referreal by now. I went into work last week doin a couple of hours it was only until wednesday when I asked the management are you goin to refer me to atos, he said I will get on to it, then the Dom calls me in saying can I do my full hours and do a row of the town work next week, and I will get on to atos for you, but I am still waiting for them to call I don't feel I should be jumping straight on to that I don't fell comfortable doing that as I still have a lot of pain in my arm from where they put the plate and screws in.
Go to your GP, tell him/her the nature of your normal duties and why you can't perform them yet and they will write you an advisory note about suitable work. This trumps the DIMs arguments as it's from a professional and then he'll have to get ATOS to intervene as per procedure to protect both parties.
-
Himaggen
- Posts: 993
- Joined: 09 Oct 2007, 23:40
Re: Atos referral
Your referral should have been made on your first day back:
…then:New Attendance Agreement - Welcome back meetings wrote:Following any period of absence, a welcome back meeting will be held between the employee and their manager.
The discussion should always take place during the employee’s first day back and where possible should be held within three hours of the start of their shift. It is very important that this discussion takes place and that both the manager and employee discuss the absence and the employee’s overall wellbeing.
What is the purpose of a welcome back meeting?
The purpose of the welcome back meeting is to:
• Acknowledge the employee’s return and show that their attendance is valued
• Enable the employee to raise any concerns and to see if help can be given to encourage regular attendance
• Ensure that the employee is fit to return to work
• Ensure that the absence is properly certificated and, where appropriate the employee should be asked to complete an Absence Declaration Form
• Discuss the reason for the absence and, if appropriate whether re-occurrence of the absence is likely
• Discuss whether there is a concern that there may be an ongoing health condition, and whether there is a need to request advice from the Occupational Health Service
New Attendance Agreement - Referral to the Occupational Health Service wrote:What happens after the referral has been made?
The manager will receive email confirmation of the referral within two hours. This will include a copy of the business referral form.
The manager should check that the details and content of the business referral form are correct and provide a copy to the employee.
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Atos referral
I would not be attempting an increased workload after being back to work for 1 weeks having been absent with a broken arm.Lightweight andy wrote:Hi I broke my arm for the second time in 7 months on the 11-1-2015 and I am just getting back into work, should I have had a atos referreal by now. I went into work last week doin a couple of hours it was only until wednesday when I asked the management are you goin to refer me to atos, he said I will get on to it, then the Dom calls me in saying can I do my full hours and do a row of the town work next week, and I will get on to atos for you, but I am still waiting for them to call I don't feel I should be jumping straight on to that I don't fell comfortable doing that as I still have a lot of pain in my arm from where they put the plate and screws in.
Having not been referred to OH Assist ( ATOS) it seems that your DOM is implementing his own rehabilitation plan allowing you to work a few hours in your first week back and then expecting full time hours from you.
You need to insist on a referral to OH Assist soonest but I kind to agree with " Bustedfish" if you get an appointment with your GP explaining the nature of your work and that you have already attempted a return to work on adjusted hours your GP will tick the correct box in the fit note in your favour.
Your DOM on receiving this advice from your GP will want more and in a flash refer you to OH Assist for their recommendations in the expectation that they will have you back to full time hours earlier.
OH Assist will set up a rehabilitation programme that has to be weekly monitored by your DOM to ascertain your rate of progress and pain level within the programme. If discomfort still continuing a re-referral to OH Assist to extend the length of time in rehabilitation.