ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

b and h continues

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

b and h continues

Post by spiderj »

So now I only work contracted hours and do as RM instruct,this means the job can't be completed most days.
But at least the management are now learning that I won't be bullied anymore and the way I react is simply because I've had different life experiences and I'm an individual not just because I'm being militant.

Under no illusion that there's a target on my back.
But here's a thought for the lurking managers and brown nosed amongst you(but there are some good linos out there)

This is only a job its not what defines me.

But I won't and indeed can't accept that you think its OK to demean and swear and belittle men and women who trade time for a wage.

Back soon after annual leave,I've already helped some folk with their b n h at ours.
If its happening at your do,speak out,challenge and shine a light on the bullies, like cockroaches they scurry in the light.
Last edited by spiderj on 23 Mar 2015, 00:52, edited 2 times in total.
I won
hans solo
Posts: 3285
Joined: 06 Feb 2011, 18:08
Gender: Male

Re: b and h continues

Post by hans solo »

:nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana
good to have you back
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: b and h continues

Post by DB1100 »

I do mate and I get no end of grief for it,what I find hard to believe is that so many people just roll over and accept it,most of our office come in early,they give all the excuses about,how it's for their benefit and it suits them,but it all boils down to the fact they they are scared of getting the sh1te I and the few others get,they moan about not being made up to full time but they can't see that they are the reason nobody is getting made up,they moan about the walks being too long,yet they come in hours early in order to complete them.I feel your pain spider,it's a pretty poor job at the minute pal,largely due to the spineless people who work alongside us.
For we were soldiers once,and young
Cyclopz
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 177
Joined: 05 Jan 2013, 09:36
Gender: Male

Re: b and h continues

Post by Cyclopz »

spiderj wrote:challenge and shine a light on the bullies, like cockroaches they scurry in the light.
Beautifully articulated.

As individuals these bullies are nothing but cowardly scum who are more scared of their own bullying group turning on them than anything else.

Tackle them one on one and as individuals they run away with their tales between their legs seeking support from their shallow associates.
I spend my life trying to fit in but I always end up standing out.
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Re: b and h continues

Post by eastie »

Yes you had counciling but the Line Manager needs counciling for being a bully as well from RM
ratchet
Posts: 210
Joined: 03 Dec 2012, 13:12
Gender: Male
Location: Buggered off to France

Re: b and h continues

Post by ratchet »

eastie wrote:Yes you had counciling but the Line Manager needs SACKING for being a bully as well from RM
I am no longer a number :-)
hans solo
Posts: 3285
Joined: 06 Feb 2011, 18:08
Gender: Male

Re: b and h continues

Post by hans solo »

Its actually criminal charges they should face
Cyclopz
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 177
Joined: 05 Jan 2013, 09:36
Gender: Male

Re: b and h continues

Post by Cyclopz »

Well if the mans mental condition can be proved to be a result of bullying at work then surely a compensation claim at least is in the pipeline.

Think about the amount of money lost as a result of the incurred illness, how it has affected self confidence etc.
And I am not just talking about ill health retirement.

There must be a monetary sum established in law somewhere for the sufferings due to the behaviour of the company representatives.
Perhaps the man can not face doing any overtime as a result of the illness so there is a monetary sum right there.

Not sure how I would play this one but there must be a way.

First the connection with the mental illness and the bullying must be firmly and undeniably established.
Any help here would be appreiated.
I spend my life trying to fit in but I always end up standing out.
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

Re: b and h continues

Post by Jpro747 »

good on ya mate, stick to your guns! :Applause

The problem with the b and h is that management will try it on, and if it works they will continue to do it as it makes their life easier. The other problem is the lack of knowledge among frontline workers, a lot seem to be completely unaware of how to use the cut off procedure, putting in grievances, etc. It's good that you're helping others as well, eventually the whole office will be up against the manager. :thumbup
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: b and h continues

Post by spiderj »

:nana
Last edited by spiderj on 23 Mar 2015, 00:53, edited 1 time in total.
I won
Cyclopz
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 177
Joined: 05 Jan 2013, 09:36
Gender: Male

Re: b and h continues

Post by Cyclopz »

spiderj wrote:The hard thing is to change the culture and educate those who bully.

And signpost others who need help where they can seek it.
Nice attitude to have and good luck with it all, sincerely.
I spend my life trying to fit in but I always end up standing out.
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: b and h continues

Post by DB1100 »

spiderj wrote:To reply to a couple of the posts.
The mental health condition is underlying,however the triggers which have been documented have been as a direct result of the linos insults etc,I have one grievance which I won and that triggered first episode.
This is documented by my gp.

I have enough evidence to prove pyscological injury,which is whats needed for tribunal.
However,although I've won one before in another job,its the easy way out for me.

The hard thing is to change the culture and educate those who bully.

And signpost others who need help where they can seek it.

If you check some of my previous posts you'll see how long this has been going on for.

I'm still in the job.
:nana
Same as me mate exsquaddie,we've been fecked about by professionals,these clowns at royal mail don't even come close.
For we were soldiers once,and young
Cyclopz
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 177
Joined: 05 Jan 2013, 09:36
Gender: Male

Re: b and h continues

Post by Cyclopz »

DB I like your signature, it says a lot.
I spend my life trying to fit in but I always end up standing out.
mudmonster
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 107
Joined: 28 Apr 2010, 15:32
Gender: Male

Re: b and h continues

Post by mudmonster »

Yes,Bullying is rife in Royal Fail,its not always by management though.If Royal Fail are aware of said bullying and choose not to do anything about it,they can be liable under vicarious liability,go to bullyonline website youselves and check it out.The rewards could be substantial The time limit for this is six years!!! :arrrghhh :arrrghhh
Cyclopz
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 177
Joined: 05 Jan 2013, 09:36
Gender: Male

Re: b and h continues

Post by Cyclopz »

mudmonster wrote:they can be liable under vicarious liability,
That's got a nice ring to it.
I spend my life trying to fit in but I always end up standing out.