Could someone explain all the various types of leave available? My 7 month pregnant wife was rushed to hospital today with appendicitis and I have been told I used all of my special leave when my Grandfather was dying and on another occassion my wife was taken into hospital.
The last time I was off sick was March last year when I sprained my ankle. Off 10 days.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Leave
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Leave
There is no actual entitlement to special leave so you can't "use it all" - get your rep on to it. Yours actual "Special Leave" type won't matter, but Domestic Distress is probably the most relevant one.
The list is in this thread http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... cial+Leave" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The list is in this thread http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... cial+Leave" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32794
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Leave
See this one as well...
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 36&t=68435" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 36&t=68435" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
GoingPostal86
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 132
- Joined: 02 Dec 2012, 06:49
- Gender: Male
Re: Leave
Thank you very much. Those are handy to have. My boss said I could take today and tomorrow as annual leave but I am unsure if I have any left to take since it is now March. Just want to keep myself right so I dont get a stage one since I was off with the sprained ankle and a few other times.