ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
People in their gardens
-
Soulazydll
- Posts: 34
- Joined: 09 Jan 2012, 11:28
- Gender: Male
People in their gardens
Just wondering what others do? Typically in summer/nice sunny day people will be in their garden and won't hear the knock on the door, often you can hear them. If they have a side gate or something, anyone go and give them a shout?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: People in their gardens
Yes................
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
Re: People in their gardens
depends if I know the walk or not.
if I know there is no dog etc then yes I would probably go round and shout over the gate.
if I don't know it, I will P739 it and be on my merry way.
if I know there is no dog etc then yes I would probably go round and shout over the gate.
if I don't know it, I will P739 it and be on my merry way.
-
Shaders
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 07:47
- Gender: Male
- Location: Oop North
Re: People in their gardens
Onr of my houses has a note on the front door saying, bell not working, please take parcels to rear door.
So with a large rattle of the gate i go round and bang on rear patio door.
the dog inside goes berserk, the woman comes out whilst trying to hold the dog in and says, dont worry he wont bite, he just wants to jump all over you.
I got a very strange look when i said, im glad he wont bite but i certainly dont want him jumping over me either.
Whats the matter with some pepole?
739 all the way from now on.
So with a large rattle of the gate i go round and bang on rear patio door.
the dog inside goes berserk, the woman comes out whilst trying to hold the dog in and says, dont worry he wont bite, he just wants to jump all over you.
I got a very strange look when i said, im glad he wont bite but i certainly dont want him jumping over me either.
Whats the matter with some pepole?
739 all the way from now on.
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: People in their gardens
I shout em,99% are grateful the other 1% are burglars.
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
janitor
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 689
- Joined: 28 Aug 2007, 16:18
- Gender: Male
Re: People in their gardens
Never had that problem knocked so loud, neighbours three doors either side heard it.
-
hans solo
- Posts: 3285
- Joined: 06 Feb 2011, 18:08
- Gender: Male
Re: People in their gardens
only when the gals are sunbathing 
-
Soulazydll
- Posts: 34
- Joined: 09 Jan 2012, 11:28
- Gender: Male
Re: People in their gardens
Funny you should say this! The reason I asked is because I always used to do it until last summer when I caught a young lady sunbathing topless!! Shouted at the gate and child by the gate swung it wide open instantly! Luckily she was ok about it, but made me think, someone else and I could have been in a whole world of trouble.hans solo wrote:only when the gals are sunbathing
-
jimmynailsalive
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 304
- Joined: 28 Dec 2013, 13:36
- Gender: Male
Re: People in their gardens
Shouldn't this be added to the perks/benefits of the job thread?Soulazydll wrote:Funny you should say this! The reason I asked is because I always used to do it until last summer when I caught a young lady sunbathing topless!! Shouted at the gate and child by the gate swung it wide open instantly! Luckily she was ok about it, but made me think, someone else and I could have been in a whole world of trouble.hans solo wrote:only when the gals are sunbathing
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4194
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Re: People in their gardens
Some people are just plain daft. Woman half naked at the door from a shower with one hand holding the towel around the middle and door ajar so the dirty big rottweiler can't get you,then they have only have the other hand free to sign for and collect the parcel. I always ensure I have a firm grip on the door knob at all times!!Shaders wrote:Onr of my houses has a note on the front door saying, bell not working, please take parcels to rear door.
So with a large rattle of the gate i go round and bang on rear patio door.
the dog inside goes berserk, the woman comes out whilst trying to hold the dog in and says, dont worry he wont bite, he just wants to jump all over you.
I got a very strange look when i said, im glad he wont bite but i certainly dont want him jumping over me either.
Whats the matter with some pepole?
739 all the way from now on.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
BingBong
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 755
- Joined: 12 May 2011, 12:36
- Gender: Female
- Location: the north
Re: People in their gardens
i hear you,Shaders wrote:Onr of my houses has a note on the front door saying, bell not working, please take parcels to rear door.
So with a large rattle of the gate i go round and bang on rear patio door.
the dog inside goes berserk, the woman comes out whilst trying to hold the dog in and says, dont worry he wont bite, he just wants to jump all over you.
I got a very strange look when i said, im glad he wont bite but i certainly dont want him jumping over me either.
Whats the matter with some pepole?
739 all the way from now on.
Toon Army!
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Re: People in their gardens
just the door knobpostslippete wrote:Some people are just plain daft. Woman half naked at the door from a shower with one hand holding the towel around the middle and door ajar so the dirty big rottweiler can't get you,then they have only have the other hand free to sign for and collect the parcel. I always ensure I have a firm grip on the door knob at all times!!Shaders wrote:Onr of my houses has a note on the front door saying, bell not working, please take parcels to rear door.
So with a large rattle of the gate i go round and bang on rear patio door.
the dog inside goes berserk, the woman comes out whilst trying to hold the dog in and says, dont worry he wont bite, he just wants to jump all over you.
I got a very strange look when i said, im glad he wont bite but i certainly dont want him jumping over me either.
Whats the matter with some pepole?
739 all the way from now on.