ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

People in their gardens

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Soulazydll
Posts: 34
Joined: 09 Jan 2012, 11:28
Gender: Male

People in their gardens

Post by Soulazydll »

Just wondering what others do? Typically in summer/nice sunny day people will be in their garden and won't hear the knock on the door, often you can hear them. If they have a side gate or something, anyone go and give them a shout?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: People in their gardens

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Yes................
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
doorstepped
Posts: 1063
Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
Gender: Male
Location: Somewhere west of London

Re: People in their gardens

Post by doorstepped »

depends if I know the walk or not.

if I know there is no dog etc then yes I would probably go round and shout over the gate.

if I don't know it, I will P739 it and be on my merry way.
Shaders
Posts: 218
Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 07:47
Gender: Male
Location: Oop North

Re: People in their gardens

Post by Shaders »

Onr of my houses has a note on the front door saying, bell not working, please take parcels to rear door.
So with a large rattle of the gate i go round and bang on rear patio door.
the dog inside goes berserk, the woman comes out whilst trying to hold the dog in and says, dont worry he wont bite, he just wants to jump all over you.
I got a very strange look when i said, im glad he wont bite but i certainly dont want him jumping over me either.

Whats the matter with some pepole?

739 all the way from now on.
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: People in their gardens

Post by DB1100 »

I shout em,99% are grateful the other 1% are burglars.
For we were soldiers once,and young
janitor
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 689
Joined: 28 Aug 2007, 16:18
Gender: Male

Re: People in their gardens

Post by janitor »

Never had that problem knocked so loud, neighbours three doors either side heard it.
hans solo
Posts: 3285
Joined: 06 Feb 2011, 18:08
Gender: Male

Re: People in their gardens

Post by hans solo »

only when the gals are sunbathing :speak to the hand
Soulazydll
Posts: 34
Joined: 09 Jan 2012, 11:28
Gender: Male

Re: People in their gardens

Post by Soulazydll »

hans solo wrote:only when the gals are sunbathing :speak to the hand
Funny you should say this! The reason I asked is because I always used to do it until last summer when I caught a young lady sunbathing topless!! Shouted at the gate and child by the gate swung it wide open instantly! Luckily she was ok about it, but made me think, someone else and I could have been in a whole world of trouble.
jimmynailsalive
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 304
Joined: 28 Dec 2013, 13:36
Gender: Male

Re: People in their gardens

Post by jimmynailsalive »

Soulazydll wrote:
hans solo wrote:only when the gals are sunbathing :speak to the hand
Funny you should say this! The reason I asked is because I always used to do it until last summer when I caught a young lady sunbathing topless!! Shouted at the gate and child by the gate swung it wide open instantly! Luckily she was ok about it, but made me think, someone else and I could have been in a whole world of trouble.
Shouldn't this be added to the perks/benefits of the job thread? :dance
postslippete
Posts: 4194
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

Re: People in their gardens

Post by postslippete »

Shaders wrote:Onr of my houses has a note on the front door saying, bell not working, please take parcels to rear door.
So with a large rattle of the gate i go round and bang on rear patio door.
the dog inside goes berserk, the woman comes out whilst trying to hold the dog in and says, dont worry he wont bite, he just wants to jump all over you.
I got a very strange look when i said, im glad he wont bite but i certainly dont want him jumping over me either.

Whats the matter with some pepole?

739 all the way from now on.
Some people are just plain daft. Woman half naked at the door from a shower with one hand holding the towel around the middle and door ajar so the dirty big rottweiler can't get you,then they have only have the other hand free to sign for and collect the parcel. I always ensure I have a firm grip on the door knob at all times!!
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
BingBong
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 755
Joined: 12 May 2011, 12:36
Gender: Female
Location: the north

Re: People in their gardens

Post by BingBong »

Shaders wrote:Onr of my houses has a note on the front door saying, bell not working, please take parcels to rear door.
So with a large rattle of the gate i go round and bang on rear patio door.
the dog inside goes berserk, the woman comes out whilst trying to hold the dog in and says, dont worry he wont bite, he just wants to jump all over you.
I got a very strange look when i said, im glad he wont bite but i certainly dont want him jumping over me either.

Whats the matter with some pepole?

739 all the way from now on.
i hear you,
Toon Army!
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Re: People in their gardens

Post by aiden01 »

postslippete wrote:
Shaders wrote:Onr of my houses has a note on the front door saying, bell not working, please take parcels to rear door.
So with a large rattle of the gate i go round and bang on rear patio door.
the dog inside goes berserk, the woman comes out whilst trying to hold the dog in and says, dont worry he wont bite, he just wants to jump all over you.
I got a very strange look when i said, im glad he wont bite but i certainly dont want him jumping over me either.

Whats the matter with some pepole?

739 all the way from now on.
Some people are just plain daft. Woman half naked at the door from a shower with one hand holding the towel around the middle and door ajar so the dirty big rottweiler can't get you,then they have only have the other hand free to sign for and collect the parcel. I always ensure I have a firm grip on the door knob at all times!!
just the door knob :Very Happy :Very Happy