ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Retirement
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Retirement
Well guys and gals, I have retired, officially on Thursday 12th, but now on annual leave. Joining this forum was probably the best decision I made during my career at RM, as it provides far more advice, and real life issues within this job than you could ever get from our Union or any RM manager. I haven,t agreed with everything that has been said on here and there is absolutely no doubt that you will not have agreed with all the comments I have made, but for all those who continue to have problems, this is a great place to try and find an answer.
I wish all of the subscribers on here all the best for the future, and no doubt I will be sorely tempted to tune in and see what is going on in the world of RM. Sad ain,t it.
Cheers and good wishes to all
Lincox
I wish all of the subscribers on here all the best for the future, and no doubt I will be sorely tempted to tune in and see what is going on in the world of RM. Sad ain,t it.
Cheers and good wishes to all
Lincox
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Retirement
Cheers L, it's been emotional.
Don't be strange, or a stranger.
Don't be strange, or a stranger.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Re: Retirement
Always nice to see another one escape under the wire! Enjoy your retirement! 
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
Nondescript
- Posts: 232
- Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Re: Retirement
Enjoy, you lucky, lucky soul.
-
rhino49
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1644
- Joined: 04 Jun 2007, 21:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: At home with my feet up
Re: Retirement
Glad you made it Lincox, it's such a shame that so many won't.
I was determined to hang in there because I wouldn't be beaten and the reward of relief and freedom is all the better for that. I hope you enjoy yours and have a long and happy retirement - there is a wonderful world out there to enjoy and be part of once the chains of employment and fatigue are broken.
All the best - Rhino
I was determined to hang in there because I wouldn't be beaten and the reward of relief and freedom is all the better for that. I hope you enjoy yours and have a long and happy retirement - there is a wonderful world out there to enjoy and be part of once the chains of employment and fatigue are broken.
All the best - Rhino
We wish to serve - but we will not be servile
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Retirement
Congratulations Lincox and welcome to the world of retirement. I've always found your posts sensible and helpful and I hope you will find the time to give advice to those still working for Royal Mail. Enjoy your new freedom away from the stress and drudgery of work! 
-
Budfrog
- Posts: 893
- Joined: 11 Sep 2007, 02:19
Re: Retirement
Good luck Lincox ... there is life outside RM and I'm sure you will have many good years away from the grind that RM has become. I still miss some of the good friends I made during my time at RM but there is no need to lose contact.
-
farstrider
- Posts: 41
- Joined: 24 Nov 2011, 17:45
- Gender: Male
Re: Retirement
happy retirement...have a long good one
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Retirement
Thanks for all your comments. The legs are beginning to ease, and the scornful look at the Lino as he entered the room is now turning into a pleasurable grin.
-
malcolm3011
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 303
- Joined: 05 Aug 2010, 18:42
- Gender: Male
Re: Retirement
Enjoy your retirement, you lucky devil 
-
windermeredave
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 265
- Joined: 08 Mar 2010, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Retirement
I have a question regarding retirement. I am due to go August next year, because it is up to the individual now if he wants to or stay, Do HR get in touch to give you options? ie staying or going?
I`m not saying I will be staying on, but it would be nice to be given the choice.
I`m not saying I will be staying on, but it would be nice to be given the choice.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: Retirement
All the best wishing you a long and happy retirement and look forward to more contributions from you don't think I will make retirement so you have achieved more than I will do in your time in royal mail than I will ever do.
-
Glenno
- Posts: 1491
- Joined: 05 Jun 2007, 13:12
Re: Retirement
Good-luck to you Lincox, I have been part of some of your posts and enjoyed some of the debates, keep in touch and don't become a stranger
Glenno
will hopefully get there myself soon

Glenno
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Retirement
No, it is up to you to inform them when you intend to retire. If you want to carry on then that is now up to you.windermeredave wrote:I have a question regarding retirement. I am due to go August next year, because it is up to the individual now if he wants to or stay, Do HR get in touch to give you options? ie staying or going?
I`m not saying I will be staying on, but it would be nice to be given the choice.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Retirement
Congratulations Lincox, Glad you made it out alive! 
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)