ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Retirement

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

Retirement

Post by Lincox »

Well guys and gals, I have retired, officially on Thursday 12th, but now on annual leave. Joining this forum was probably the best decision I made during my career at RM, as it provides far more advice, and real life issues within this job than you could ever get from our Union or any RM manager. I haven,t agreed with everything that has been said on here and there is absolutely no doubt that you will not have agreed with all the comments I have made, but for all those who continue to have problems, this is a great place to try and find an answer.
I wish all of the subscribers on here all the best for the future, and no doubt I will be sorely tempted to tune in and see what is going on in the world of RM. Sad ain,t it.

Cheers and good wishes to all
Lincox
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Retirement

Post by fishtank »

Cheers L, it's been emotional. :Very Happy
Don't be strange, or a stranger.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
Judgee
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2262
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18

Re: Retirement

Post by Judgee »

Always nice to see another one escape under the wire! Enjoy your retirement! :thumbup
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
Nondescript
Posts: 232
Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 16:25
Gender: Male

Re: Retirement

Post by Nondescript »

Enjoy, you lucky, lucky soul.
rhino49
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1644
Joined: 04 Jun 2007, 21:50
Gender: Male
Location: At home with my feet up

Re: Retirement

Post by rhino49 »

Glad you made it Lincox, it's such a shame that so many won't.
I was determined to hang in there because I wouldn't be beaten and the reward of relief and freedom is all the better for that. I hope you enjoy yours and have a long and happy retirement - there is a wonderful world out there to enjoy and be part of once the chains of employment and fatigue are broken.

All the best - Rhino
We wish to serve - but we will not be servile
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 5038
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
Gender: Male

Re: Retirement

Post by baldrick »

Congratulations Lincox and welcome to the world of retirement. I've always found your posts sensible and helpful and I hope you will find the time to give advice to those still working for Royal Mail. Enjoy your new freedom away from the stress and drudgery of work! :Very Happy
Budfrog
Posts: 893
Joined: 11 Sep 2007, 02:19

Re: Retirement

Post by Budfrog »

Good luck Lincox ... there is life outside RM and I'm sure you will have many good years away from the grind that RM has become. I still miss some of the good friends I made during my time at RM but there is no need to lose contact.
farstrider
Posts: 41
Joined: 24 Nov 2011, 17:45
Gender: Male

Re: Retirement

Post by farstrider »

happy retirement...have a long good one
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: Retirement

Post by Lincox »

Thanks for all your comments. The legs are beginning to ease, and the scornful look at the Lino as he entered the room is now turning into a pleasurable grin.
malcolm3011
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 303
Joined: 05 Aug 2010, 18:42
Gender: Male

Re: Retirement

Post by malcolm3011 »

Enjoy your retirement, you lucky devil :thumbup
windermeredave
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 265
Joined: 08 Mar 2010, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: Retirement

Post by windermeredave »

I have a question regarding retirement. I am due to go August next year, because it is up to the individual now if he wants to or stay, Do HR get in touch to give you options? ie staying or going?
I`m not saying I will be staying on, but it would be nice to be given the choice.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Retirement

Post by k979aaa »

All the best wishing you a long and happy retirement and look forward to more contributions from you don't think I will make retirement so you have achieved more than I will do in your time in royal mail than I will ever do.
Glenno
Posts: 1491
Joined: 05 Jun 2007, 13:12

Re: Retirement

Post by Glenno »

Good-luck to you Lincox, I have been part of some of your posts and enjoyed some of the debates, keep in touch and don't become a stranger
Glenno :wave :wave will hopefully get there myself soon :pray :pray
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: Retirement

Post by Lincox »

windermeredave wrote:I have a question regarding retirement. I am due to go August next year, because it is up to the individual now if he wants to or stay, Do HR get in touch to give you options? ie staying or going?
I`m not saying I will be staying on, but it would be nice to be given the choice.
No, it is up to you to inform them when you intend to retire. If you want to carry on then that is now up to you.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: Retirement

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Congratulations Lincox, Glad you made it out alive! :Applause
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)