ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Slightly worried....
-
BingBong
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 755
- Joined: 12 May 2011, 12:36
- Gender: Female
- Location: the north
Slightly worried....
had a letter marked up for a packet Today. Went to bag. No packet. Thinking I may have left it on my frame though when I got back there wasn't anything there and no manager said anything to me either.
I did have two parcels for the house next door but only marked up the letter for one. So maybe that's why.
I just worry about the whole wilful delay thing if I did leave it behind and a manager had picked it up.
What's the policy on wilful delay and packets. Is it the same as mail?
I did have two parcels for the house next door but only marked up the letter for one. So maybe that's why.
I just worry about the whole wilful delay thing if I did leave it behind and a manager had picked it up.
What's the policy on wilful delay and packets. Is it the same as mail?
Toon Army!
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Slightly worried....
The same as for mail.
Everybody makes the occasional mistake and we shouldn't be working in a situation where we're terrified if or when we do.
Everybody makes the occasional mistake and we shouldn't be working in a situation where we're terrified if or when we do.
-
BingBong
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 755
- Joined: 12 May 2011, 12:36
- Gender: Female
- Location: the north
Re: Slightly worried....
Yes I know. I'm sure it's ok and I'm over thinking. Find out tomorrow I suppose. Though I'm sure they would of said as soon as they had a chance if I did leave it behind.
Toon Army!
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Slightly worried....
The whole point about wilful delay is that it has to be...wilful.
A genuine mistake is not wilful.
A genuine mistake is not wilful.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Slightly worried....
But try telling any DOM that.fishtank wrote:The whole point about wilful delay is that it has to be...wilful.
A genuine mistake is not wilful.
-
BingBong
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 755
- Joined: 12 May 2011, 12:36
- Gender: Female
- Location: the north
Re: Slightly worried....
Well I was back at the office a good 15 minutes before I went home. And manager saw me and didn't say nothing so. Who knows. It's probably just an error my end with marking up the wrong letter. I hope. :-/
Toon Army!
-
Surreypostie
- Posts: 999
- Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 21:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Slightly worried....
Maybe they found it and got someone to take it out, known that to happen before. Trouble with this job and the pressure, it might have been yesterday that you had that packet and you have just convinced yourself you've mislaid it.
-
BingBong
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 755
- Joined: 12 May 2011, 12:36
- Gender: Female
- Location: the north
-
Surreypostie
- Posts: 999
- Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 21:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Slightly worried....
Shame because I have done that before thinking I've lost something then remembering it was a previous day. Senile.
-
BingBong
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 755
- Joined: 12 May 2011, 12:36
- Gender: Female
- Location: the north
-
dave72
- Posts: 415
- Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Slightly worried....
Did you mark up the right letter? The walker with me marks up wrong letters all of the time, I'm sure she does it to confuse me 
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Slightly worried....
Why do people waste their time marking up letters for parcels. Simply put them in your packet bag in order and once you have delivered the first one, pull the next packet out and put on top of trolley or remember where the next one is due to be delivered.
-
BingBong
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 755
- Joined: 12 May 2011, 12:36
- Gender: Female
- Location: the north
Re: Slightly worried....
thats what i mean seeing as next door had 2 packets i probably marked one up on one letter and one on next doors letter. fool that i am!dave72 wrote:Did you mark up the right letter? The walker with me marks up wrong letters all of the time, I'm sure she does it to confuse me
Toon Army!