ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Customer Complaint about me

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Superbob
Posts: 1
Joined: 08 Mar 2015, 21:44
Gender: Male

Customer Complaint about me

Post by Superbob »

I am kinda worried about a customer complaint even though I honestly did nothing wrong. I fear this will escalate as I do not get on with one of the managers there due to a long term incident of a personal nature. The person has it in for me. Anyway I tired to deliver a special letter on Friday, I knocked on the customers door, got no answer, knocked again then the resident opened the upstairs window and screamed at me to F off. I told him that I had a letter I needed a signature for, he again screamed at me to F off. I told him I do not appreciate being spoken too like that and I am only doing my job, again I got abuse hurled at.

So I decided to mark the item down on my pda as refused, informed one of my managers about it when I got back and thought that was the end of that. I found out on Saturday that this person complained about me, claimed I was rude to him, when the rudest thing I said was please do not speak to me like that. I admit I spoke those words in a loud tone, but I never shouted or swore. But the manager handling the complaint has a history with me.
.
enskied
Posts: 1877
Joined: 16 Aug 2013, 17:14
Gender: Male

Re: Customer Complaint about me

Post by enskied »

You have done everything correctly, even reporting the incident on your return. I always kill off as refused if they will not come and sign.
It will come down to your word against the customer, as you had already informed them of the situation you should be OK
pod25
Posts: 240
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 21:13
Gender: Male

Re: Customer Complaint about me

Post by pod25 »

Don't worry about the manager having it in for you.
All he can do is submit your statement to customer services, unless of course he submits something that differs to what you stated and if that does happen, then he has opened up a whole new can of worms.

Just tell the truth and sleep easy at night, job done.
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Re: Customer Complaint about me

Post by eastie »

Don't worry , some of the braindead customers think its OK to have a swear at the postman and then complain when they realise they have to pick the item up from the Delivery Office. Put in a complaint against the abusive customer and get your DOM to write a letter to them stating that if it happens again you will refuse to deliver there, that normally does the trick