ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Annual leave
-
Hodsyharry
- Posts: 28
- Joined: 03 Jun 2014, 17:12
- Gender: Female
Annual leave
I am due 11 days annual leave before April. There are no leave slots left which suits me. What happens if I do not take my leave. Do I lose it? As I started in October would it be carried over?
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Annual leave
yesHodsyharry wrote:I am due 11 days annual leave before April. There are no leave slots left which suits me. What happens if I do not take my leave. Do I lose it? As I started in October would it be carried over?
-
ebbzie
- Posts: 660
- Joined: 14 Jun 2011, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Annual leave
Make sure your DIM agrees this
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Annual leave
In writing.ebbzie wrote:Make sure your DIM agrees this
-
milesoffside
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 03 Mar 2013, 20:51
- Gender: Male
Re: Annual leave
I had the same problem, you are allowed to carry 5 days over, they have to allow you to carry them over
-
jimmynailsalive
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 304
- Joined: 28 Dec 2013, 13:36
- Gender: Male
Re: Annual leave
I have 9 days holiday left and transferring to a new office a week on Monday, should I book a week for the end of March in my current office so I don't have more than 5 days to carry over and save any hassle ?
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Annual leave
Way Forward Agreement 2000
Section 4. Annual Leave
Carrying leave into another year
Annual leave should generally be taken in the year that it is due, and the business expects all employees to
have at least four weeks away from work every year. However up to one week (or five odd days) may be carried
over into the next leave year, and up to five days may be anticipated during the last month of the previous
leave year. Transfer of leave in excess of these limits requires written permission from the line manager,
except that leave that cannot be taken due to sick leave may be allowed in the following year. Where this is
granted and would reduce the annual leave taken in a particular leave year to less than four weeks, the
individual must also confirm in writing that they are willing to voluntarily forgo their statutory leave
entitlement under the Working Time Regulations 1998.
Section 4. Annual Leave
Carrying leave into another year
Annual leave should generally be taken in the year that it is due, and the business expects all employees to
have at least four weeks away from work every year. However up to one week (or five odd days) may be carried
over into the next leave year, and up to five days may be anticipated during the last month of the previous
leave year. Transfer of leave in excess of these limits requires written permission from the line manager,
except that leave that cannot be taken due to sick leave may be allowed in the following year. Where this is
granted and would reduce the annual leave taken in a particular leave year to less than four weeks, the
individual must also confirm in writing that they are willing to voluntarily forgo their statutory leave
entitlement under the Working Time Regulations 1998.
Last edited by baldrick on 03 Mar 2015, 16:39, edited 1 time in total.
-
Hodsyharry
- Posts: 28
- Joined: 03 Jun 2014, 17:12
- Gender: Female
Re: Annual leave
Thanks Guys. I will have a chat with my line manager and see what can be done.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Annual leave
Your Manager will normally OK carrying over leave, as it delays the time when he's got to deal with it (Gives him another 12 months which should suit even the incompetent idiots we have running this business)! We've had a sudden rush of guys being given leave to try and get it all out of the way before April. One guy was phoned up on his first week of leave and asked, "Do you want to take another week"? You can guess what his answer was. 
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
dids620
- Posts: 80
- Joined: 02 Mar 2010, 15:23
- Gender: Male
Re: Annual leave
Apologies in advance for going off piste a bit. I currently pay extra to top my a/l up to 6 weeks (£10.89). In April I will have 15 years service. Will I be entitled to 5 weeks a/l and therefore pay less to top up to 6 weeks? Thanks peeps.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Annual leave
Yes.
At the moment you pay for 6.5 days extra leave.
When you hit 15 years you only pay for 4.
I'm not doing the maths, I hate maths.
At the moment you pay for 6.5 days extra leave.
When you hit 15 years you only pay for 4.
I'm not doing the maths, I hate maths.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
dids620
- Posts: 80
- Joined: 02 Mar 2010, 15:23
- Gender: Male
Re: Annual leave
Thanks FT.fishtank wrote:Yes.
At the moment you pay for 6.5 days extra leave.
When you hit 15 years you only pay for 4.
I'm not doing the maths, I hate maths.