ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Foreign Barcodes
-
Mr Blonde
- Posts: 337
- Joined: 23 May 2007, 20:44
Foreign Barcodes
Lots of stuff coming in from China, with a "CN" on the end of the barcode.
Do you scan them and obtain a signature? I do.
My partner this week doesn't unless they have "Royal Mail signed for" on it.
What do you do?
Do you scan them and obtain a signature? I do.
My partner this week doesn't unless they have "Royal Mail signed for" on it.
What do you do?
-
tonytucker
- Posts: 190
- Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 18:20
- Gender: Male
- Location: Essex now
Re: Foreign Barcodes
Just post them,be out all day otherwise no one gives a f**k about themMr Blonde wrote:Lots of stuff coming in from China, with a "CN" on the end of the barcode.
Do you scan them and obtain a signature? I do.
My partner this week doesn't unless they have "Royal Mail signed for" on it.
What do you do?
BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Foreign Barcodes
What is the official guidance on this? As I've 739'd loads of these Chinese packets that come up needing a signature on the PDA, even tiny packets that could easily have been posted.
RM themselves say not to try DTN for international items that need a sig either.
RM themselves say not to try DTN for international items that need a sig either.
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Foreign Barcodes
with an attitude like that im surprised you even bother to try delivering any mailtonytucker wrote:Just post them,be out all day otherwise no one gives a f**k about themMr Blonde wrote:Lots of stuff coming in from China, with a "CN" on the end of the barcode.
Do you scan them and obtain a signature? I do.
My partner this week doesn't unless they have "Royal Mail signed for" on it.
What do you do?
-
glenfiddich
- Posts: 1012
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15
Re: Foreign Barcodes
He doesn't he's a managerzx135 wrote:with an attitude like that im surprised you even bother to try delivering any mailtonytucker wrote:Just post them,be out all day otherwise no one gives a f**k about themMr Blonde wrote:Lots of stuff coming in from China, with a "CN" on the end of the barcode.
Do you scan them and obtain a signature? I do.
My partner this week doesn't unless they have "Royal Mail signed for" on it.
What do you do?
-
ted_e_bear
- Posts: 4106
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Foreign Barcodes
Well assuming you have to pay extra to get a signature someone might give a f@@k !tonytucker wrote:Just post them,be out all day otherwise no one gives a f**k about themMr Blonde wrote:Lots of stuff coming in from China, with a "CN" on the end of the barcode.
Do you scan them and obtain a signature? I do.
My partner this week doesn't unless they have "Royal Mail signed for" on it.
What do you do?
-
borgpicard
- Posts: 486
- Joined: 05 May 2011, 22:45
- Gender: Male
Re: Foreign Barcodes
and your either a manager or runner who comes in 2 hours early ?, the whole tier system of RM is , no one gives a f**k any more, from the top to the botton, its every man for themselveszx135 wrote:with an attitude like that im surprised you even bother to try delivering any mailtonytucker wrote:Just post them,be out all day otherwise no one gives a f**k about themMr Blonde wrote:Lots of stuff coming in from China, with a "CN" on the end of the barcode.
Do you scan them and obtain a signature? I do.
My partner this week doesn't unless they have "Royal Mail signed for" on it.
What do you do?
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Foreign Barcodes
Thirteen digits starting with two letters and ending with the two letter country code, scan it and the PDA tells you whether or not a signature is required.Mr Blonde wrote:Lots of stuff coming in from China, with a "CN" on the end of the barcode.
Do you scan them and obtain a signature? I do.
My partner this week doesn't unless they have "Royal Mail signed for" on it.
What do you do?
What possibly can be the problem with that ?
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Foreign Barcodes
borgpicard wrote:and your either a manager or runner who comes in 2 hours early ?, the whole tier system of RM is , no one gives a f**k any more, from the top to the botton, its every man for themselveszx135 wrote:with an attitude like that im surprised you even bother to try delivering any mailtonytucker wrote:Just post them,be out all day otherwise no one gives a f**k about themMr Blonde wrote:Lots of stuff coming in from China, with a "CN" on the end of the barcode.
Do you scan them and obtain a signature? I do.
My partner this week doesn't unless they have "Royal Mail signed for" on it.
What do you do?
I'm not a manager and don't accuse me of it again.
As for being a runner hmmmm let's see who is more likely to be the runner the guy not scanning them or me the one advocating doing the job properly. Don't know where you think I'm a runner from I have never made a comment about trying to get finished early. Check your facts before making stupid accusations
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12182
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Foreign Barcodes
Cover your arse, if it has got a barcode with a number of a vaild format, scan it, if it needs a sig and no one in p739 it. With the packet scanning trial I don't think it'l be too many months until you have to scan every parcel anyway
-
wabbithunta
- Posts: 872
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!
Re: Foreign Barcodes
There's a woman on my delivery who gets these most weeks, and most of the times she's never in and I scan them and leave a P739.
Some of the time they don't need a signature, but I scan them just in case, because as at Christmas time they nearly all did, in one week she had about ten of them, all signed for!
I've got no idea what she's doing as details on them range from cheap jewellery to kids clothes, but her husband said she buys/sells on eBay.
Some of the time they don't need a signature, but I scan them just in case, because as at Christmas time they nearly all did, in one week she had about ten of them, all signed for!
I've got no idea what she's doing as details on them range from cheap jewellery to kids clothes, but her husband said she buys/sells on eBay.
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Foreign Barcodes
You've got no idea what she's doing and it's not our concern what she might be up to in the privacy of her own home.wabbithunta wrote:There's a woman on my delivery who gets these most weeks, and most of the times she's never in and I scan them and leave a P739.
Some of the time they don't need a signature, but I scan them just in case, because as at Christmas time they nearly all did, in one week she had about ten of them, all signed for!
I've got no idea what she's doing as details on them range from cheap jewellery to kids clothes, but her husband said she buys/sells on eBay.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Foreign Barcodes
borgpicard wrote:
and your either a manager or runner who comes in 2 hours early ?, the whole tier system of RM is , no one gives a f**k any more, from the top to the botton, its every man for themselves
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/community/rules.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Did not delete because your post was quoted.Just because someone has a different viewpoint or political position to you, it does not mean that they are a 'Manager' or a 'Union fanatic', any posts making such assumptions or generalisations will be pulled or amended and the poster warned.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Foreign Barcodes
I will fess up that if the packets fit through the letterbox I scan them but leave the name and sig blank. Yeah I know not correct and all that but I figure that the sender gets to know the item has been delivered. If they do not fit the letterbox then they have to sign or get a p739.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
rjack
- Posts: 98
- Joined: 26 Nov 2010, 09:42
- Gender: Male
- Location: wales
Re: Foreign Barcodes
How does the pda let you leave it blank ?krussel wrote:I will fess up that if the packets fit through the letterbox I scan them but leave the name and sig blank. Yeah I know not correct and all that but I figure that the sender gets to know the item has been delivered. If they do not fit the letterbox then they have to sign or get a p739.