ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Holy socks

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
jimmynailsalive
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 304
Joined: 28 Dec 2013, 13:36
Gender: Male

Holy socks

Post by jimmynailsalive »

Last few weeks my big toes have been reeking havoc on my sock collection, almost a daily occurence to remove my shoes and find one or both socks with a gaping hole at the big toe.

Can't remember this being a problem before, I'll manicure my big toe nails later and maybe change shoes, I have been sticking a gel heel cushion in to add some padding under my heels but other than that no idea what has changed, can I get a RM sock allowance? :chuckle
wabbithunta
Posts: 872
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
Gender: Male
Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!

Re: Holy socks

Post by wabbithunta »

"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32794
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Holy socks

Post by POSTMAN »

Tee hee lol
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
5plusbonusball
Posts: 1136
Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
Gender: Male
Location: up north of watford

Re: Holy socks

Post by 5plusbonusball »

http://holysmokesbatman.com/directory" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; No, he never said that one , or do you mean HOLEY? :chuckle
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Holy socks

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Image
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
jimmynailsalive
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 304
Joined: 28 Dec 2013, 13:36
Gender: Male

Re: Holy socks

Post by jimmynailsalive »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Image
No laughing matter, this is the sight greeting me as I remove my shoes almost daily, I'm running oot of socks and going to have to resort to sewing up the holes. :evil/mad

Image
wabbithunta
Posts: 872
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
Gender: Male
Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!

Re: Holy socks

Post by wabbithunta »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Image


Not worn out cheesey ones then.. they're too clean! :crazy:
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Holy socks

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Image
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
wabbithunta
Posts: 872
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
Gender: Male
Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!

Re: Holy socks

Post by wabbithunta »

holy socks.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32794
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Holy socks

Post by POSTMAN »

Image
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
jimmynailsalive
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 304
Joined: 28 Dec 2013, 13:36
Gender: Male

Re: Holy socks

Post by jimmynailsalive »

:so there :so there

Next time you are all hunting around your car for a cloth with your windows all misted up, I'll be sitting in my car with a glove box full of holy socks.

Waxing the car, cleaning the wheeltrims to prevent dirty finger nails, on with an old sock. :wave
gb93
Posts: 1462
Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
Gender: Male

Re: Holy socks

Post by gb93 »

Have the same problem mate.
Convinced it is new anvil shoes, I am with you it is getting ridiculous a new sock allowance is a must.
No way i am voting to accept next pay deal without this new allowance or socks becoming part of uniform.
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
GT85
Posts: 365
Joined: 26 Nov 2013, 20:02
Gender: Male
Location: ASDO

Re: Holy socks

Post by GT85 »

Sad but true....:thumbup This has become my new hobby.....



I normally do my repairs after I wake up from my afternoon nap :left:
We're all here because we're not all there
tonytucker
Posts: 190
Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 18:20
Gender: Male
Location: Essex now

Re: Holy socks

Post by tonytucker »

jimmynailsalive wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Image
No laughing matter, this is the sight greeting me as I remove my shoes almost daily, I'm running oot of socks and going to have to resort to sewing up the holes. :evil/mad

Image
You can turn them upside down and use again or get your mrs to sew them up
BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Re: Holy socks

Post by bustedflush »

I'll tell you why it's happening - assuming you cut your toenails regularly, when you put those gel insoles in they raise the height of your foot and the upper edge of the toenail rubs (you can't feel the nail) the upper of the shoe. This just wears the upper part of the sock out. You don't notice it until your toe pokes through. Carry on the same with new socks, and each day hold them up to the light and you'll see I'm right, and the upper toe area is thinning. The second reason is that sometimes gel insoles slope your foot towards the front of the shoe, so toes rub more there.