Thanks
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Overtime Rate
-
nikkijcar
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 17 Dec 2014, 20:00
- Gender: Female
Overtime Rate
Hi Everyone, is there anywhere online that states the pay rates? I am asking for my partner. He is currently on a part time contract (25 hours). Is overtime paid at the normal rate or is it more?
Thanks
Thanks
-
answer=42
- Posts: 64
- Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 07:44
- Gender: Male
Re: Overtime Rate
Overtime is paid at SSPR, £11.60 per hour between part time hours and 39. After that the next ten hours (termed 1st 10) are at £10.47 per hour and after that it's £10.12 per hour.
I think that's right but ready to be corrected!
I think that's right but ready to be corrected!
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Overtime Rate
Yes.dfubster wrote:Just to confirm I read this right, the more overtime you do, the less per hour you get paid?
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Overtime Rate
true....although I can't remember (and neither can anybody I know who works for royal mail)..ever voting for this at any point whatsoever.....who would vote for less money for doing more work.....no-one in their right mind.baldrick wrote:Yes.dfubster wrote:Just to confirm I read this right, the more overtime you do, the less per hour you get paid?
-
ratchet
- Posts: 210
- Joined: 03 Dec 2012, 13:12
- Gender: Male
- Location: Buggered off to France
Re: Overtime Rate
My SSPR (Weekday Overtime) is paid @ £10.71answer=42 wrote:Overtime is paid at SSPR, £11.60 per hour between part time hours and 39.
I think that's right but ready to be corrected!
I am no longer a number :-)
-
Ricardo44
- Posts: 164
- Joined: 15 Dec 2013, 20:34
- Gender: Male
Re: Overtime Rate
I'm part time and mine is also paid at £10.71 upto 39 hours.
-
Gold Fox
- Posts: 313
- Joined: 06 Jun 2014, 20:50
- Gender: Female
Re: Overtime Rate
I get paid £10.48 per hours over time . ( I done 5 hours o/t at got paid £52.40 ).
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Overtime Rate
It was part of the Way Forward Agreement 2000, which unfortunately was voted in by a small majority iirc.daveyeff wrote:true....although I can't remember (and neither can anybody I know who works for royal mail)..ever voting for this at any point whatsoever.....who would vote for less money for doing more work.....no-one in their right mind.baldrick wrote:Yes.dfubster wrote:Just to confirm I read this right, the more overtime you do, the less per hour you get paid?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Overtime Rate
You do according to the Sawyer Reportbaldrick wrote:It was part of the Way Forward Agreement 2000, which unfortunately was voted in by a small majority iirc.daveyeff wrote:true....although I can't remember (and neither can anybody I know who works for royal mail)..ever voting for this at any point whatsoever.....who would vote for less money for doing more work.....no-one in their right mind.baldrick wrote:Yes.dfubster wrote:Just to confirm I read this right, the more overtime you do, the less per hour you get paid?
http://www.ocp.co.uk/_Attachments/Resources/235_S4.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;The overall majority in favour of the Way Forward in the February 2000 ballot
was very small; and in many Areas and workplaces a majority voted against it.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Overtime Rate
Yep, there was about 1,200 vote majority out of a total vote of over 100,000.