Today 26.02.2015
2 managers in our office to manage 50 staff.
06.30 am - 10.00 am. Prepping lapsed and overtime walks as well as D2D's and doing redirections. Broken at 07.30 am to do the conference call ( also known as the bullshit hotline )
10.00 am - 10.45 am. Discussing the following days work and some computer work.
10.45 am - 12.15 pm. 1 manager taking a van to another office with another following to bring him back. This leaves 1 person in the callers, myself who is just going out on delivery and the cleaner in the building. I was informed by the person in callers what time they got back.
12.15 pm - 12.50 pm. Computer work.
12.50 pm - 13.30 pm. I arrived back in the delivery office at 12.45pm. 5 minutes later both managers went out to deliver some mail that could not be covered. Some staff had already gone home.
13.30 pm onwards. Both managers arrive back in the office with one stating gleefully " I've done my lapsing ". I won't write what I said but at least half the staff had left including some who done overtime. This manager then went home and the other was still there at 14.15 pm when I left the office. All other staff had already gone home with the exception of some of those on overtime.
ALL POSTIES FINSHING TIME TODAY ? 14.33 PM
HOW MANY MANAGERS DO WE ACTUALLY NEED ?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
What managers do in my office.
-
olilew
- Posts: 594
- Joined: 19 May 2010, 22:04
- Gender: Male
Re: What managers do in my office.
More to the point why are the managers doing postmans work?
"Just take it out and see how you go......."
-
Edward Hunter
- Posts: 679
- Joined: 23 May 2007, 22:30
Re: What managers do in my office.
Your delivery took you 2 hours? and all the posties finished early even some doing overtime? How many posties do you need? 
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: What managers do in my office.
If posties are all finishing on time or early then I would be asking rep to put in grievance as managers are doing posties work and keping cash out of posties pockets by preventing ot
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: What managers do in my office.
I think rather than questioning the number we should talk about the quality
Somebody want to explian to the chuckle brothers what "lapsed" and "overtime" actally mean?Prepping lapsed and overtime walks.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
borgpicard
- Posts: 486
- Joined: 05 May 2011, 22:45
- Gender: Male
Re: What managers do in my office.
lets see how many managers start squriming on here ?Spy wrote:Today 26.02.2015
2 managers in our office to manage 50 staff.
06.30 am - 10.00 am. Prepping lapsed and overtime walks as well as D2D's and doing redirections. Broken at 07.30 am to do the conference call ( also known as the bullshit hotline )
10.00 am - 10.45 am. Discussing the following days work and some computer work.
10.45 am - 12.15 pm. 1 manager taking a van to another office with another following to bring him back. This leaves 1 person in the callers, myself who is just going out on delivery and the cleaner in the building. I was informed by the person in callers what time they got back.
12.15 pm - 12.50 pm. Computer work.
12.50 pm - 13.30 pm. I arrived back in the delivery office at 12.45pm. 5 minutes later both managers went out to deliver some mail that could not be covered. Some staff had already gone home.
13.30 pm onwards. Both managers arrive back in the office with one stating gleefully " I've done my lapsing ". I won't write what I said but at least half the staff had left including some who done overtime. This manager then went home and the other was still there at 14.15 pm when I left the office. All other staff had already gone home with the exception of some of those on overtime.
ALL POSTIES FINSHING TIME TODAY ? 14.33 PM
HOW MANY MANAGERS DO WE ACTUALLY NEED ?
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Re: What managers do in my office.
You forgot about the part when they take their 8 hour coffee break. 
-
Spy
- Posts: 107
- Joined: 12 Nov 2013, 17:57
- Gender: Male
Re: What managers do in my office.
That's correct. I work indoors. I was given half a duty to deliver as I apparently " had the time ". Well I didn't, and have been failing parts of my indoor work for in excess of 1 year.Edward Hunter wrote:Your delivery took you 2 hours? and all the posties finished early even some doing overtime? How many posties do you need?
If managers kept their hands off our work I could give you a figure as to how many posties we need.
-
Spy
- Posts: 107
- Joined: 12 Nov 2013, 17:57
- Gender: Male
Re: What managers do in my office.
They can't ask the lapsers to do it because the lapsing won't get done. If you lapse you are allowed to go home when you are finished.olilew wrote:More to the point why are the managers doing postmans work?
They can't ask the posties who do o/t to do it because the o/t won't get done. If you do o/t you don't have to lapse and you can do the o/t in your duty time.
That leaves the posties who don't rush around and finish at their time. And they can't do it because they will cut off.
-
5plusbonusball
- Posts: 1136
- Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: up north of watford
Re: What managers do in my office.
After 9:30 there is NO MAIL and NO STAFF in the building so NOTHING TO MANAGE! Make linos part-time and send them home at 10 
Why are lino's paid full-time ??