ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
taking Saturday off due to sickness - part timers
-
karchun
- Posts: 131
- Joined: 14 Aug 2011, 02:13
- Gender: Male
taking Saturday off due to sickness - part timers
So essentially I am a Saturday worker and have been working for 3+ years but last week I suffered a primary exertion headache from the gym and so I've been getting a dull headache for the past week and know that if I went on a posting job my headache will turn into a severe thunderclap type headache - I think I need a check up.. Would I still get paid?
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: taking Saturday off due to sickness - part timers
Yes you will but this bit is very important
If your sick saturday and don't call in to say you will be back in next Saturday it will count as 7 days absence, if however you call in on Saturday morning and say you will be back in for work on your next rotad shift then it's only 1 day absence
If your sick saturday and don't call in to say you will be back in next Saturday it will count as 7 days absence, if however you call in on Saturday morning and say you will be back in for work on your next rotad shift then it's only 1 day absence
-
karchun
- Posts: 131
- Joined: 14 Aug 2011, 02:13
- Gender: Male
Re: taking Saturday off due to sickness - part timers
Oh okay cheers; the thing is, I can probably work indoors in the office to sort the mail; its just the walking pace I am worried about that will make my headache worse - think I should call it off or go in and tell them I can help sort indoors?zx135 wrote:Yes you will but this bit is very important
If your sick saturday and don't call in to say you will be back in next Saturday it will count as 7 days absence, if however you call in on Saturday morning and say you will be back in for work on your next rotad shift then it's only 1 day absence
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Re: taking Saturday off due to sickness - part timers
and noise and artificial lightings is not good for headaches. Walking is fine for me.
-
PHARRY
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 327
- Joined: 04 Nov 2013, 17:56
- Gender: Male
Re: taking Saturday off due to sickness - part timers
Simple answer stop going to the gym
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16695
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: taking Saturday off due to sickness - part timers
What is a primary exertion headache anyway?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Re: taking Saturday off due to sickness - part timers
It is a headache brought on by tensing of the muscles,during exercise or by things like sneezing,or sex!clashcityrocker wrote:What is a primary exertion headache anyway?
Our friend here should get that checked out ,as it is only supposed to last a few minutes,not all week.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: taking Saturday off due to sickness - part timers
just say you are ringing in sick for today only
-
karchun
- Posts: 131
- Joined: 14 Aug 2011, 02:13
- Gender: Male
Re: taking Saturday off due to sickness - part timers
The severe headache is what lasts a few minutes (the extreme pain); but I sort of have the residual headache 5 days later; I'll probably turn up for work tomorrow and tell DOM about my condition; if they chuck me on a walk and my condition gets worse, I'll call it off next week.rubberbond wrote:It is a headache brought on by tensing of the muscles,during exercise or by things like sneezing,or sex!clashcityrocker wrote:What is a primary exertion headache anyway?
Our friend here should get that checked out ,as it is only supposed to last a few minutes,not all week.
Yeah, plan to book an appointment tomorrow for doctors asap - just to make sure not anerysm but unlikely as I haven't been sick or bleeding anywhere.