ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
unscannable tracked items with unreadable numbers
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
unscannable tracked items with unreadable numbers
These last two weeks I have been getting these tracked items with unscannable barcodes due to crap printing and the numbers are barely decipherable.
You stand their for ages trying all different permutations of numbers to scan them.
These aren't the usual tracked items with bold print, the barcodes and numbers are a lot smaller and not very clear to read.
You stand their for ages trying all different permutations of numbers to scan them.
These aren't the usual tracked items with bold print, the barcodes and numbers are a lot smaller and not very clear to read.
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Re: unscannable tracked items with unreadable numbers
it is probably be internal tracking system for the sender's business.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: unscannable tracked items with unreadable numbers
the rise of the fake barcode to fool customers ??????????????eastie wrote:These last two weeks I have been getting these tracked items with unscannable barcodes due to crap printing and the numbers are barely decipherable.
You stand their for ages trying all different permutations of numbers to scan them.
These aren't the usual tracked items with bold print, the barcodes and numbers are a lot smaller and not very clear to read.
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: unscannable tracked items with unreadable numbers
If it's not an RM Tracked with a 't' on the postmark I don't even entertain scanning them. There are loads of these garbage 'tracked' knocking around, it's clearly an attempt to stop people claiming items haven't arrived by making them think they've been tracked and scanned.
-
centenaryman
- Posts: 512
- Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 20:31
- Gender: Male
Re: unscannable tracked items with unreadable numbers
eastie wrote:These last two weeks I have been getting these tracked items with unscannable barcodes due to crap printing and the numbers are barely decipherable.
You stand their for ages trying all different permutations of numbers to scan them.
These aren't the usual tracked items with bold print, the barcodes and numbers are a lot smaller and not very clear to read.
if they are our tracked then they must have been scanned in,,,that morning,,,,ours are done by the d.o.m support? if there ours try asking him how he got them scanned in
-
Biker Mouse
- Posts: 543
- Joined: 19 Oct 2009, 18:37
- Gender: Male
Re: unscannable tracked items with unreadable numbers
Manual entry onto the PDA?centenaryman wrote:eastie wrote:These last two weeks I have been getting these tracked items with unscannable barcodes due to crap printing and the numbers are barely decipherable.
You stand their for ages trying all different permutations of numbers to scan them.
These aren't the usual tracked items with bold print, the barcodes and numbers are a lot smaller and not very clear to read.
if they are our tracked then they must have been scanned in,,,that morning,,,,ours are done by the d.o.m support? if there ours try asking him how he got them scanned in
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: unscannable tracked items with unreadable numbers
Couldn't because the numbers were so faint as well as the barcodeBiker Mouse wrote:Manual entry onto the PDA?centenaryman wrote:eastie wrote:These last two weeks I have been getting these tracked items with unscannable barcodes due to crap printing and the numbers are barely decipherable.
You stand their for ages trying all different permutations of numbers to scan them.
These aren't the usual tracked items with bold print, the barcodes and numbers are a lot smaller and not very clear to read.
if they are our tracked then they must have been scanned in,,,that morning,,,,ours are done by the d.o.m support? if there ours try asking him how he got them scanned in
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: unscannable tracked items with unreadable numbers
occaisonly one wont scaneastie wrote:Couldn't because the numbers were so faint as well as the barcodeBiker Mouse wrote:Manual entry onto the PDA?centenaryman wrote:eastie wrote:These last two weeks I have been getting these tracked items with unscannable barcodes due to crap printing and the numbers are barely decipherable.
You stand their for ages trying all different permutations of numbers to scan them.
These aren't the usual tracked items with bold print, the barcodes and numbers are a lot smaller and not very clear to read.
if they are our tracked then they must have been scanned in,,,that morning,,,,ours are done by the d.o.m support? if there ours try asking him how he got them scanned in
Last edited by arnold cheshire on 21 Feb 2015, 11:13, edited 1 time in total.
-
villan
- Posts: 79
- Joined: 15 Oct 2011, 17:27
- Gender: Male
Re: unscannable tracked items with unreadable numbers
I had one this week. I can't recall if it was a tracked or a Signed For but both the barcode and corresponding printed code were smaller than usual and fainter too (but just about legible). The barcode wouldn't scan so I entered it manually and it was valid.
-
ewancurze
- Posts: 400
- Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 19:25
- Gender: Male
Re: unscannable tracked items with unreadable numbers
I have had a few this week that won't scan due to crap barcode printing,have to manually enter,pain in the arse (ohh err)
-
swindonandy
- Posts: 126
- Joined: 26 Feb 2010, 16:26
- Gender: Male
Re: unscannable tracked items with unreadable numbers
This is the new format of label, it had a QR-style code on too?villan wrote:I had one this week. I can't recall if it was a tracked or a Signed For but both the barcode and corresponding printed code were smaller than usual and fainter too (but just about legible). The barcode wouldn't scan so I entered it manually and it was valid.
You should have had a WTL about it. See http://www.royalmail.com/improvedlabel for details.
-
chrisj
- Posts: 1883
- Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 16:24
- Gender: Male
Re: unscannable tracked items with unreadable numbers
I had a so-called International Item that was collected by my partner with the rest of the Specials. It scanned but the number was invalid.
I apologised to customer and asked her to signed that part of P739 where bar codes are entered or stuck on, I included the name and also name and at the address section in front...
When I asked the guy in the office whether they have scanned the item at the outset, he did not respond but asked me if I had the old style signing sheet. ???
Are they not supposed to have been signed in first by office folks if they are going to be included with the specials?
I apologised to customer and asked her to signed that part of P739 where bar codes are entered or stuck on, I included the name and also name and at the address section in front...
When I asked the guy in the office whether they have scanned the item at the outset, he did not respond but asked me if I had the old style signing sheet. ???
Are they not supposed to have been signed in first by office folks if they are going to be included with the specials?
-
janitor
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 689
- Joined: 28 Aug 2007, 16:18
- Gender: Male
Re: unscannable tracked items with unreadable numbers
As far as I was concerned if it came out of the room of doom it got a signature, if the, if the pad didn't except it i used the old cards,always carried at least 3 with a spare in glove box of van. If pad went through without signature same thing asked them to sign the card.
-
stan_lers
- Posts: 136
- Joined: 04 Nov 2014, 21:52
- Gender: Male
Re: unscannable tracked items with unreadable numbers
I've had a few of these over the last week, looks like a new standard label, maybe from ebay or something. Has a smaller barcode and smaller numbers underneath and they seem to be faded or not printed properly a lot of the time.
-
brykins
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 14 Dec 2010, 14:33
- Gender: Male
Re: unscannable tracked items with unreadable numbers
Had two today - both signed for items with the normal barcode and the square QR code on the label. The normal barcodes were about 30% smaller than normal and neither of them would scan so had to manually input both of them. Printing was fine though, so I wonder if someone has designed the new labels with new barcodes that our lovely PDAs have trouble scanning......of course, RM would never do such a silly thing.