We are soon going to move to rolling rest days in our office which brings the possibility of long weekends every 6 weeks, however when we asked if we could have these weekends off we were told you either work your rest day or you don't, ie you can't work the others in the week but have your weekend off when it arrives, surely this can't be the case, it's up to us when we want to work our rest day? Also does anybody know what's the percentage of rest days you have to work to get your rest day paid when you are on holiday? I work every rest day at the moment and get it paid but am worried if I have the long weekends I won't get my rest day paid anymore when I'm on leave,
Cheers
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Rolling rest day question
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Rolling rest day question
You won't get paid for not working your rest day i'm afraid!
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Rolling rest day question
yes its SA you get paid on holidays etcBahia Feliz wrote:You won't get paid for not working your rest day i'm afraid!
-
matta
- Posts: 40
- Joined: 21 Oct 2014, 14:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Rolling rest day question
I didn't expect to get paid for not working my rest day, was asking how many I have to work minimum per year so I still get my rest day holiday sa when I am off on leave, sorry if it wasn't clear
-
A2B
- Posts: 2025
- Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 19:34
- Gender: Male
Re: Rolling rest day question
You will only get paid SA if it's an SA duty which i guess it's not as you're working your rest day.matta wrote:I didn't expect to get paid for not working my rest day, was asking how many I have to work minimum per year so I still get my rest day holiday sa when I am off on leave, sorry if it wasn't clear
As for working your rest day, it's your right to refuse the overtime but it's also up to the manager if he wants you to work it, as long as the system to cover the duty is done on a fair basis you can't argue. I'd say enjoy you r long weekends and wait for the manager to come asking for you to come in
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Rolling rest day question
.matta wrote:We are soon going to move to rolling rest days in our office which brings the possibility of long weekends every 6 weeks, however when we asked if we could have these weekends off we were told you either work your rest day or you don't
Blackmail!
-
matta
- Posts: 40
- Joined: 21 Oct 2014, 14:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Rolling rest day question
That's what I thought! If at any time I don't want to work my rest day surely that's my choice, the manager would try to say I cant work my rest day in future to try to call my bluff but it wouldn't last manager would be begging me the week after to work it
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Rolling rest day question
I am wondering if this working Rest Day isn't like normal offices but one where you work 6 days a week and SA is the 6th day.
If so any revision that goes to rotating days off needs to address the SA issue and whether the Unit as a whole wants to keep it going.
Seems to be no point at all introducing a rotating day off system, and then force people to work the day off because they have signed an SA contract
If so any revision that goes to rotating days off needs to address the SA issue and whether the Unit as a whole wants to keep it going.
Seems to be no point at all introducing a rotating day off system, and then force people to work the day off because they have signed an SA contract
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.