ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

pay rise 2015

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
pants123

pay rise 2015

Post by pants123 »

Hello, not heard much of the pay rise for this year...

Does anyone know if the pay rise is going ahead for april??
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Re: pay rise 2015

Post by bustedflush »

pants123 wrote:Hello, not heard much of the pay rise for this year...

Does anyone know if the pay rise is going ahead for april??
The pay increases were agreed 2 years back for the coming 3 Aprils and the first backdated. As I recall we are to receive 2.8% or thereabouts as per the agreement reached previously. Nothing has changed that I am aware of.
Surreypostie
Posts: 999
Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 21:05
Gender: Male

Re: pay rise 2015

Post by Surreypostie »

I believe that figure is dependant on inflation at the time and subject to change, considering we are now looking at deflation maybe we will have to give them back some of last years. Sure ther will be an LTB at some stage.
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Re: pay rise 2015

Post by bustedflush »

Surreypostie wrote:I believe that figure is dependant on inflation at the time and subject to change, considering we are now looking at deflation maybe we will have to give them back some of last years. Sure ther will be an LTB at some stage.
Yes, but only if inflation is significantly above the 2.8%, which it isn't obviously so the agreement stands.
Surreypostie
Posts: 999
Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 21:05
Gender: Male

Re: pay rise 2015

Post by Surreypostie »

I thought they could always look at it again if it was below a certain figure.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: pay rise 2015

Post by Lounge Lizard »

Surreypostie wrote:I thought they could always look at it again if it was below a certain figure.
And inflation now is the lowest since records began so Moya might be putting out a rather disappointing Courier Special soon. :sad:
but we all know about the threat from competitors so we'll understand. :crazy:
Surreypostie
Posts: 999
Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 21:05
Gender: Male

Re: pay rise 2015

Post by Surreypostie »

Exactly, wouldn't surprise me if the scrapped our rise.
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Re: pay rise 2015

Post by bustedflush »

Lounge Lizard wrote:
Surreypostie wrote:I thought they could always look at it again if it was below a certain figure.
And inflation now is the lowest since records began so Moya might be putting out a rather disappointing Courier Special soon. :sad:
but we all know about the threat from competitors so we'll understand. :crazy:
Yes, I forgot that, you guys are indeed correct:


2013-14

3.0% base pay increase, backdated to 1 April 2013.
£200 lump sum payment for each full time eligible employee (pro rata for part- timers) in post on 1 October 2013, in recognition of business progress. This will be paid before Christmas in addition to any Christmas bonus.
Additional increase in the over 10 hours overtime rate++.
Scheduled attendance payments during periods of annual leave will be extended++.

2014-15

3% base pay increase. New incentive scheme to be developed and introduced by April 2014.

2015-16

2.8% base pay increase. Subject to review, if inflation is below 2.3% or above 3.3%.

The increases over the three year period apply to the usual allowances and overtime payments etc. The cumulative year on year effect of these pay rises is worth 9.06%.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: pay rise 2015

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

bustedflush wrote:
Surreypostie wrote:I believe that figure is dependant on inflation at the time and subject to change, considering we are now looking at deflation maybe we will have to give them back some of last years. Sure ther will be an LTB at some stage.
Yes, but only if inflation is significantly above the 2.8%, which it isn't obviously so the agreement stands.

Sorry thats wrong: The actual line in the agreement was:


2015-16 2.8% base pay increase. Subject to review, if inflation is below 2.3% or above 3.3%.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Re: pay rise 2015

Post by bustedflush »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
bustedflush wrote:
Surreypostie wrote:I believe that figure is dependant on inflation at the time and subject to change, considering we are now looking at deflation maybe we will have to give them back some of last years. Sure ther will be an LTB at some stage.
Yes, but only if inflation is significantly above the 2.8%, which it isn't obviously so the agreement stands.

Sorry thats wrong: The actual line in the agreement was:


2015-16 2.8% base pay increase. Subject to review, if inflation is below 2.3% or above 3.3%.

TBT you quoted my first reply, I'd already corrected it by pasting the relevant lines from the agreement summary. :cool
tansorboy
Posts: 355
Joined: 22 Jan 2012, 12:41
Gender: Male

Re: pay rise 2015

Post by tansorboy »

The key phrase is 'subject to review' and if they were going to reduce the pay deal surely we would have heard by now?
RetroJunkie
Posts: 165
Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 16:06
Gender: Female

Re: pay rise 2015

Post by RetroJunkie »

so what do people believe will happen once this deal is done with? as i dont really seem to hear any rumours :cuppa
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: pay rise 2015

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

bustedflush wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
bustedflush wrote:
Surreypostie wrote:I believe that figure is dependant on inflation at the time and subject to change, considering we are now looking at deflation maybe we will have to give them back some of last years. Sure ther will be an LTB at some stage.
Yes, but only if inflation is significantly above the 2.8%, which it isn't obviously so the agreement stands.

Sorry thats wrong: The actual line in the agreement was:


2015-16 2.8% base pay increase. Subject to review, if inflation is below 2.3% or above 3.3%.

TBT you quoted my first reply, I'd already corrected it by pasting the relevant lines from the agreement summary. :cool
Yep cross posted :oops: - but I do like the research that's always worthy of a smilie or 3 :Very Happy :thumbup :Applause
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
cloherty1976
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1236
Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 12:16
Gender: Male
Location: The south

Re: pay rise 2015

Post by cloherty1976 »

I wasn't happy when I saw the clause in year 3 as I thought inflation would have to come down at some point. Just unlucky it has happened now. But I do remember one of the higher people in the cwu said it would be paid so you just got to hope they were right.Time will tell but not a lot of point moaning before anything has happened.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: pay rise 2015

Post by fishtank »

tansorboy wrote:The key phrase is 'subject to review' and if they were going to reduce the pay deal surely we would have heard by now?
Personal opinion...no inside info, I don't think they will reduce it although there might be shareholder pressure applied. I think it's too high profile and too inflamatory to get involved in a row over pay.

I think what they'll more likely do is use it as a bargaining chip to get further concessions from the union, perhaps over performance or incentives, Of course we'll never know because it's in both parties interests to keep quiet when it comes to the union rolling over to have its tummy tickled.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share