ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
overtime
-
mazungu
- Posts: 23
- Joined: 17 Dec 2014, 21:54
- Gender: Male
overtime
Hi was after some advice please, today because of lapsing and going to every house because of voting letters I was over my time by over an hour which I told my manager before I would be late , I was just wondering if my manager can say he's not gonna give me it if its quieter the rest of the week tia
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: overtime
No they can't
If they try ask to see the agreement on banking hours
But did you explain before leaving that you may be over?
If not then try to remember in future matey

If they try ask to see the agreement on banking hours
But did you explain before leaving that you may be over?
If not then try to remember in future matey
I won
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: overtime
It may have been advisable to point out that with every call to make you wouldn't have time for lapsing as it'd put you over. Lapsing is absorption to fill up hours, not meant to be paid as O/T. Then the manager would either tell you to leave the lapsing (or really you should tell him you're leaving it) or ask you nicely to extend to which if you agreed he would then confirm O/T payment for your excess hours when you returned.mazungu wrote:Hi was after some advice please, today because of lapsing and going to every house because of voting letters I was over my time by over an hour which I told my manager before I would be late , I was just wondering if my manager can say he's not gonna give me it if its quieter the rest of the week tia
He cannot hold the docket claim back in case you are early tomorrow, it should be done on the day you do the O/T. If you get back early tomorrow, do some households or offer to throw some lapsing ones off to fill your time up. If he lets you go early, you are deemed to have worked your time.
Last edited by bustedflush on 16 Feb 2015, 20:20, edited 1 time in total.
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Re: overtime
That is what his post said ,or that is how I interpreted it. Tell them you will be in an hour late on Wednesday and expect your delivery prep to be up to date.spiderj wrote:No they can't
If they try ask to see the agreement on banking hours
But did you explain before leaving that you may be over?
If not then try to remember in future matey
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: overtime
My bad didn't read properly
You're covered to the hilt
They keep trying it at ours
Not happening with all but some folk are falling for it
You're covered to the hilt
They keep trying it at ours
Not happening with all but some folk are falling for it
I won
-
mazungu
- Posts: 23
- Joined: 17 Dec 2014, 21:54
- Gender: Male
Re: overtime
Thanks for your advice you're a great help 
-
celerycelery
- Posts: 675
- Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 16:44
Re: overtime
Sod coming in late next day, come in on time and tell them you are finishing an hour early and they'll have to cover that. They'll soon pay you that hour overtime then. Use the word "flexibility" they love it.rubberbond wrote:That is what his post said ,or that is how I interpreted it. Tell them you will be in an hour late on Wednesday and expect your delivery prep to be up to date.spiderj wrote:No they can't
If they try ask to see the agreement on banking hours
But did you explain before leaving that you may be over?
If not then try to remember in future matey
-
donate
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 16 Oct 2013, 22:05
- Gender: Female
Re: overtime
hmmmmm..
i just had a row with my boss and the person who does the wages over this...
on monday i worked my day off (i have an early start 6.15..so means i have a early fin.time.)(our office is 4 bodies short so jobs covered on ot)
today i was 30 mins over my time so said feck it and put in a ticket ...the person who does the wages told me you wont be paid this as i finnished early on monday
1. so my question is if i work my day off and the hours on the sheet are 06.00 ..14.00 hrs (these hours are guidlines only)
and i only work 7hrs..do i get paid the ticket time ie.8 hrs or just the 7 hrs i work.
thnx
i just had a row with my boss and the person who does the wages over this...
on monday i worked my day off (i have an early start 6.15..so means i have a early fin.time.)(our office is 4 bodies short so jobs covered on ot)
today i was 30 mins over my time so said feck it and put in a ticket ...the person who does the wages told me you wont be paid this as i finnished early on monday
1. so my question is if i work my day off and the hours on the sheet are 06.00 ..14.00 hrs (these hours are guidlines only)
and i only work 7hrs..do i get paid the ticket time ie.8 hrs or just the 7 hrs i work.
thnx
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: overtime
Monday time doesn't matter
However if I'm reading it correctly
If you worked 7 hours you should get 7 hours
Did you take you're full break?
However if I'm reading it correctly
If you worked 7 hours you should get 7 hours
Did you take you're full break?
I won
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Re: overtime
Silly me, never thought of it that way up. I have slowly become institutionalised. Dear god, I need to,get out of here,it's taking over and I am losing control of my mind.celerycelery wrote:Sod coming in late next day, come in on time and tell them you are finishing an hour early and they'll have to cover that. They'll soon pay you that hour overtime then. Use the word "flexibility" they love it.rubberbond wrote:That is what his post said ,or that is how I interpreted it. Tell them you will be in an hour late on Wednesday and expect your delivery prep to be up to date.spiderj wrote:No they can't
If they try ask to see the agreement on banking hours
But did you explain before leaving that you may be over?
If not then try to remember in future matey
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp