ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

overtime

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
mazungu
Posts: 23
Joined: 17 Dec 2014, 21:54
Gender: Male

overtime

Post by mazungu »

Hi was after some advice please, today because of lapsing and going to every house because of voting letters I was over my time by over an hour which I told my manager before I would be late , I was just wondering if my manager can say he's not gonna give me it if its quieter the rest of the week tia
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: overtime

Post by spiderj »

No they can't
If they try ask to see the agreement on banking hours
But did you explain before leaving that you may be over?

If not then try to remember in future matey
:thumbup
I won
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Re: overtime

Post by bustedflush »

mazungu wrote:Hi was after some advice please, today because of lapsing and going to every house because of voting letters I was over my time by over an hour which I told my manager before I would be late , I was just wondering if my manager can say he's not gonna give me it if its quieter the rest of the week tia
It may have been advisable to point out that with every call to make you wouldn't have time for lapsing as it'd put you over. Lapsing is absorption to fill up hours, not meant to be paid as O/T. Then the manager would either tell you to leave the lapsing (or really you should tell him you're leaving it) or ask you nicely to extend to which if you agreed he would then confirm O/T payment for your excess hours when you returned.
He cannot hold the docket claim back in case you are early tomorrow, it should be done on the day you do the O/T. If you get back early tomorrow, do some households or offer to throw some lapsing ones off to fill your time up. If he lets you go early, you are deemed to have worked your time.
Last edited by bustedflush on 16 Feb 2015, 20:20, edited 1 time in total.
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

Re: overtime

Post by rubberbond »

spiderj wrote:No they can't
If they try ask to see the agreement on banking hours
But did you explain before leaving that you may be over?

If not then try to remember in future matey
:thumbup
That is what his post said ,or that is how I interpreted it. Tell them you will be in an hour late on Wednesday and expect your delivery prep to be up to date.
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: overtime

Post by spiderj »

My bad didn't read properly
You're covered to the hilt
They keep trying it at ours

Not happening with all but some folk are falling for it
I won
mazungu
Posts: 23
Joined: 17 Dec 2014, 21:54
Gender: Male

Re: overtime

Post by mazungu »

Thanks for your advice you're a great help :thumbup
celerycelery
Posts: 675
Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 16:44

Re: overtime

Post by celerycelery »

rubberbond wrote:
spiderj wrote:No they can't
If they try ask to see the agreement on banking hours
But did you explain before leaving that you may be over?

If not then try to remember in future matey
:thumbup
That is what his post said ,or that is how I interpreted it. Tell them you will be in an hour late on Wednesday and expect your delivery prep to be up to date.
Sod coming in late next day, come in on time and tell them you are finishing an hour early and they'll have to cover that. They'll soon pay you that hour overtime then. Use the word "flexibility" they love it.
donate
Posts: 7
Joined: 16 Oct 2013, 22:05
Gender: Female

Re: overtime

Post by donate »

hmmmmm..
i just had a row with my boss and the person who does the wages over this...
on monday i worked my day off (i have an early start 6.15..so means i have a early fin.time.)(our office is 4 bodies short so jobs covered on ot)

today i was 30 mins over my time so said feck it and put in a ticket ...the person who does the wages told me you wont be paid this as i finnished early on monday


1. so my question is if i work my day off and the hours on the sheet are 06.00 ..14.00 hrs (these hours are guidlines only)
and i only work 7hrs..do i get paid the ticket time ie.8 hrs or just the 7 hrs i work.



thnx
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: overtime

Post by spiderj »

Monday time doesn't matter

However if I'm reading it correctly
If you worked 7 hours you should get 7 hours

Did you take you're full break?
I won
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

Re: overtime

Post by rubberbond »

celerycelery wrote:
rubberbond wrote:
spiderj wrote:No they can't
If they try ask to see the agreement on banking hours
But did you explain before leaving that you may be over?

If not then try to remember in future matey
:thumbup
That is what his post said ,or that is how I interpreted it. Tell them you will be in an hour late on Wednesday and expect your delivery prep to be up to date.
Sod coming in late next day, come in on time and tell them you are finishing an hour early and they'll have to cover that. They'll soon pay you that hour overtime then. Use the word "flexibility" they love it.
Silly me, never thought of it that way up. I have slowly become institutionalised. Dear god, I need to,get out of here,it's taking over and I am losing control of my mind.
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: overtime

Post by spiderj »

Hide the spoons he's digging a tunnel lol
I won