ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Equal opportunities?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Jimrobbo
Posts: 9
Joined: 28 Nov 2014, 11:24
Gender: Male

Equal opportunities?

Post by Jimrobbo »

Does anyone know if RM employ people with disabilities, such as autism?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Equal opportunities?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Jimrobbo wrote:Does anyone know if RM employ people with disabilities, such as autism?

Yes. Don't know of anyone being employed who has autism, but there are members on here who suffer from Asperger syndrome, I know of a postie who is profoundly deaf, and we had a postie who had only 1 arm, so I would say thats a definite - Yes.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Jimrobbo
Posts: 9
Joined: 28 Nov 2014, 11:24
Gender: Male

Re: Equal opportunities?

Post by Jimrobbo »

Thanks for your reply, I actually meant aspergers. :nervous :wave
Pinky 1
Posts: 1510
Joined: 01 Mar 2009, 11:38
Gender: Male
Location: Wales

Re: Equal opportunities?

Post by Pinky 1 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Jimrobbo wrote:Does anyone know if RM employ people with disabilities, such as autism?

Yes. Don't know of anyone being employed who has autism, but there are members on here who suffer from Asperger syndrome, I know of a postie who is profoundly deaf, and we had a postie who had only 1 arm, so I would say thats a definite - Yes.
There are members on here who suffer from lots of syndromes :angel
"Cara yn bod 'n briod , dydy 'n fawr at ca a hun 'n anad berson a 'ch angen at blina achos 'r bwyso chan 'ch buchedd "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

Re: Equal opportunities?

Post by rubberbond »

Jimrobbo wrote:Thanks for your reply, I actually meant aspergers. :nervous :wave
They're the same thing! They are on the spectrum. Ideal job really, little variance , same streets day after day,just what you need,stability. :Very Happy
Mr_Pink
Posts: 163
Joined: 14 Jun 2013, 22:09
Gender: Male

Re: Equal opportunities?

Post by Mr_Pink »

rubberbond wrote:
Jimrobbo wrote:Thanks for your reply, I actually meant aspergers. :nervous :wave
same streets day after day,just what you need,stability. :Very Happy
Never worked as a floater then?
miles_peters
Posts: 297
Joined: 19 Jul 2014, 12:29
Gender: Male

Re: Equal opportunities?

Post by miles_peters »

Mr_Pink wrote:
rubberbond wrote:
Jimrobbo wrote:Thanks for your reply, I actually meant aspergers. :nervous :wave
same streets day after day,just what you need,stability. :Very Happy
Never worked as a floater then?
what I was going to say. reserves/floaters get treated like they are complete crap, compared to duty holders
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

Re: Equal opportunities?

Post by Bahia Feliz »

miles_peters wrote:reserves/floaters get treated like they are complete crap, compared to duty holders
We were all reserves once you know :Boo hoo!
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Re: Equal opportunities?

Post by bustedflush »

Yes, in fact I'd say that positive discrimination applies at RM given that Asperger's is a pre-requisite for management positions.
miles_peters
Posts: 297
Joined: 19 Jul 2014, 12:29
Gender: Male

Re: Equal opportunities?

Post by miles_peters »

;liar
Bahia Feliz wrote:
miles_peters wrote:reserves/floaters get treated like they are complete crap, compared to duty holders
We were all reserves once you know :Boo hoo!
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

Re: Equal opportunities?

Post by Bahia Feliz »

miles_peters wrote:;liar
Bahia Feliz wrote:
miles_peters wrote:reserves/floaters get treated like they are complete crap, compared to duty holders
We were all reserves once you know :Boo hoo!
Who's lying? Not me :wave
Postal Postie II
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 92
Joined: 19 Apr 2012, 16:19
Gender: Male

Re: Equal opportunities?

Post by Postal Postie II »

Equality???

I would call it double standards. If you are employed into RM as disabled that's OK but if you become disabled whilst working for them I would say they certainly aren't.